Sunday, January 19, 2020

Sunday Night Ramblings & Things That Make You Go "Huh?"


It's been an interesting day here.

*  I don't know why but I fell down today.  It was slow motion really.  I bent over to clip Chester to the tie-out to take him outside and I just kept going down. lol  Except for my pride nothing got injured.


As I lay there face down on the floor Chester thought I was playing and licked my face, jumped around my head and stood on my back(King of the Mountain anyone? lolz)while I felt like that "Help? I've fallen and I can't get up lady on TV.

I must have tensed up when I took that dive as my left shoulder is now sore.  My sinuses must have given me some vertigo symptoms which caused me to fall as they have been draining for a few days at least that's what I am hoping was the cause.

*  I had to laugh at this sign at Maines Restaurant Supply I saw in December........


Bean Green aka Green Beans.  I guess they are outsourcing their signage from India or China or ?

*  Have a look at my "long" nails..........


I've never had nails of any note but I recently grew them out.  I have very soft nails(always have)that split easily so these are long for me.
I found after a week or so that I HATE having long nails!  Not only do I mistype on my keyboard because of them, I hate having to constantly having to clean them out and file them.  I used my hands to make meatloaf and boy were they a mess after that. lol

*  I received this in the mail right before Christmas and thought, Hey! This could be something good!


But it was just an ad to get me to buy......a hearing aid. lolz
Nice trick Miracle Ear folks.



*  I saw these fancy paper towels at the discounter nearby......


Since LSU won the College Championship I'm thinking I missed a great opportunity to cash in! lolz


*  I bought these cookies at Lidl back in October when I stopped at my son's apartment for the day coming back from the Ocean City MD girl's weekend.  Son took me to Lidl near his place as I've never been to one.  I must say these were the best Pfeffernüsse cookies I've ever had.  Five thumbs up!
And they were not expensive either because, well, Lidl! ;-)

*  I got the current bill for either Kohl's or one of my fat lady clothing stores(don't remember which now).  Just look at all these ads for more crap to buy that were shoved in with the bill!


6 pages of advertisements for stuff I'd NEVER buy!!
I should have saved it all and returned it with my payment, right?! lolz

*  When Hubs and I went to Kohl's recently to spend my $10 Chit we wandered around all the Christmas leavings there.

This was a "Do-It Yourself Christmas Tree Kit".  A vial with fir tree seed pellets, a hand trowel and a hand rake, along with a tiny journal to record the milestones of your tree's life.
So silly and even on clearance too expensive.

*  And now that my Daughter is married I can start sending her pictures of stuff like this...........


I may have to nag my way into becoming a Grandma! lolz

*  Let's end with some puppy cuteness.  It looks like Chester is winking in this one.......


And that Xmas toy behind him?  It took the two of them 2 hours to destroy it.
Kids and furkids are why you can't have nice things! lolz


Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. I bent over to pick up something, and tipped, too. However, I was able to recover with little effort. But, one more inch and I would be down, too. That would have hurt me!

    Tapping/drumming your fingernails will make them stronger, or so I hear. If you don't like them that long, trim them. Wait until you get salt beneath a nail. I never get my fingers in ground meat. You learn how to handle things, eventually. They look nice. I had NO nails for about 45 years, so I know how disconcerting nails can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your fall didn't result in anything broken, like a hip or something. Yikes! I have paper thin nails too and they rarely get long. Doesn't matter because I can't have long nails working in a cafeteria and for the exact reason you stated. They harbor dirt and bacteria. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad you weren’t hurt- falling is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been in Kohls in months. I think I lost my MVP status as no birthday or anniversary cash this year. I guess I'd leave the mini tree behind as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not getting hurt - bonus but falling down sucks. Dogs are so helpful when you are eye level, aren't they? Perhaps they thought Mom was finally evening the playing field

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you fell even if all that was hurt was your pride!
    Now I am feeling bad like i should do a manicure or something similar. Maybe a manicure and a mask. Or maybe just say to hell with it and continue being unkept.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.