Monday, December 5, 2016

Cheap Smelly Stuff

So that Fragrance Deal I talked about at Rite-Aid last week?
Yep, I went and did it.

I had one of these good for 30% off on Saturday......


And I had 3 x $2/1 various Coty fragrances sets coupons printed off.
And I had a Spend $50/Get $5 Bonus Plenti Points Catalina to employ.


Here's how it went.....

1 x Stetson 30% off=$11.19
1 x Nautica 30% off=$15.39
1 x Beyonce 30% off=$11.19
1 x Tim McGraw 30% off=$15.39
SubTotal.....$53.16 + $2.58 tax=$55.74

I used $6 in Qs(no Q for the McGraw scent)$55.74-$6=$49.74.

The cashier couldn't get the register/computer to "read" the bar code on the free $5 in PPs Catalina(the ink was light)and they no longer print the code so they can be punched in manually so she took $5 off my order instead(adds up to the same thing really), so $49.74-$5=$44.74.
I paid with $44.74 in Plenti Points.


(I also bought something for a gift for $4.19 on this receipt so only $44.74 of the $48.93 in PPs used  on this receipt was for this deal.)

I received $10 in new Plenti Points for spending over $50 on fragrance sets so $44.74-$10=$34.74

When I got home I submitted for $8 in Ibotta cash rebates($2 for each of the 4 gift sets)and have already received those......$34.74-$8=$26.74.

I also activated and already received a $5 rebate in my SavingStar account for spending $30 on select Coty fragrance sets after activating that offer.
So my OOP is $26.74-$5=$21.74.

I only have plans for 2 of these sets so the other 2 are being offered up on my town's FB tag sale site at a discounted price from what the stores charge for these(and a bit less than I was charged with my deal).
When all is said and done I hope to be only OOP(or rather "Out of Plenti Points" as I didn't spend any cash on all this)about $3 for the two sets I am giving as gifts.
Even is I can't sell those two sets(and I end up saving them for another gift giving occasion or donating them)I am only out $5.44 including tax on each set.
That's still a great price for substantial gifts, right? ;-)

And that is how we work the system........

Sluggy




1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've done it again! It's mind boggling how you work the deals Sluggy!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.