Monday, October 7, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table.....Oct. 7th to Oct. 14th

Things that make us happy as adults......


I can concur with this list, especially the naps and the shopping cart one(although they call them buggies down here). 8-))

September's Meal Planning turned into a big fat Cluster "You Know What"  so we are starting fresh in October.


Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
Here is this week's food plan.....
1. Sunday--Chicken Tenders, leftover Yellow Squash & Onions
2. Monday--TV dinner(mine was a piece of chicken & I didn't eat the noodles that came with it)
3. Tuesday--Meatloaf, Grilled Asparagus
4. Wednesday--Caesar Salad, Lasagna, Garlic Bread
5. Thursday--Shrimp, Brussels Sprouts
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Salmon, Sweet Potato Fries

And here's what actually happened....
1. Sunday--Chicken Tenders, leftover Yellow Squash & Onions
2. Monday--TV dinner(mine was a piece of chicken & I didn't eat the noodles that came with it)
3. Tuesday--Meatloaf, Grilled Asparagus
4. Wednesday--Caesar Salad, Lasagna, Garlic Bread
5. Thursday--Shrimp, Brussels Sprouts
6. Friday--I had a Salad(lunch at Panda 
Express)
7. Saturday--Leftovers(I had Meatloaf and Asparagus
We pretty much stuck to the plan for a change.

What got taken out of the freezer last week....
*  Chicken Strips
*  2 TV Dinners
*  1 lb. Ground Beef
*  1 lb. Ground Turkey
*   2 lb. Mozzarella Cheese
*   2 boxes of Shrimp
*  1 bag Brussels Sprouts

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 Strip Steaks
*  4 Thin Steaks
                    
Last week we spent $147.13 grocery shopping.  

Total shopping comes to $147.13 for October.   There are 24 shopping days left in October.  

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $56.59 on Ibotta in October.
I've earned $3.00 on Shopmium in October.
I've earned $0.00 on TaDa in October.
I've earned $8.00 on Checkout51 in October.
I've earned $9.29 on Aisle, etc. in October. (Haven't gotten my Nature Valley rebate yet from June.)
I've earned 150 points on Fetch from food shopping in October.
I've earned 1,202 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in October.($)
I've earned 0 Points on My Points in October.(
not sure what the conversion rate it here)
I've earned 0 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in October.($)

That is $76.77 in rebates(not counting Shop Kick/Fetch/MyPoints/Swag Bucks/The Insiders)on $147.13 of grocery spending so in reality it's $70.36 in food spending after the rebate apps I count. I now separate out the Food Bank donations and don't count those in the grocery spending(but I do count any rebates on those items).

My savings percentage for the last week was 41.00% and the monthly savings total for October comes in at 41.00% spent.

Leftovers going into this week....Meatloaf, Lasagna, Garlic Bread.

Here is this week's food plan.....
1. Sunday--Salmon, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
2. Monday--Steak, Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Grilled Pineapple
3. Tuesday--Beer Brats(rolls optional), Zero Sugar Baked Beans
4. Wednesday--Chicken Parm, Spinach Soufflé, (Hubs Spaghetti too)
5. Thursday--Subway 1/2 a sub, Salad
6. Friday--Leftover Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Veggie TBD(Salad?)
7. Saturday--Assorted Leftovers

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?
I hit Kroger twice this sale and Dollar General(mostly to glean stuff for the food bank).  

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.