Saturday, October 5, 2024

Oreo Coke & Hurricane Helene

 


My curiosity got the best of me when I saw this in Kroger.  Oreo and Coke have combined  forces and put out an Oreo flavored Coke product and Coke flavored Oreo cookies.

I have to say that I liked it better than regular Coke Zero Sugar!  If they ever make this flavor into 12 packs and it goes on sale, I'll buy it.


And to change gears here, it is horrible to here about the devastation from Hurricane Helene.  I remember when I was a child of 10 yrs. growing up in Virginial when Hurricane Camille hit the mountains of Virginia in August of 1969.
It was a similar situation to Helene.  Nobody who doesn't live in hurricane areas and some who do, don't ever think that a hurricane can go so far inland and do such damage and cause this magnitude of death and destruction.  But they do and they CAN.

This YouTube video is quite disturbing in regard to the poor disaster response of many agencies of the Federal Government and our POTUS and VPOTUS.  And the Federal agencies seem to want to control any private organizations and individuals who want to help.  I understand the need for coordination of help but thongs are not adding up. They also are downplaying the amount of destruction and lives lost.  Just like they did during Covid.

I am not generally a conspiracy theorist but lots of what the Feds are doing doesn't add up.

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Can't open the video but there is a lot of disinformation about FEMA's response that has been disseminated. All of the governors of the affected states have been emphatic in their praise of the aid coming in and the speed in which it arrived. Also, former President Trump falsely claimed that President Biden took FEMA relief money to use on migrants; in fact, it was Trump who took money from FEMA's disaster fund to fund migrant programs at the southern border (in 2019).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe what you want but my distrust of government(and the current administration)disturbs me and I tend to believe private citizens who are on scene and either witnessing or going through this mess than a talking head out of DC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if Trump took FEMA funds and Biden didn't, tell me where all the money he's given to all these hundred of thousand of undocumented aliens the Biden/Harris administration let into our country is coming from? If not FEMA it's coming out of some other agency that we citizens paid into. Another case of your tax dollars being misappropriated in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - really $750 to hurricane folks and billions to immigrants and foreign countries? NOPE - doesn't set right with me. Govenor's have to be careful what they say - if they want anything at all. I have seen boots on the ground plain folks talk about no help there and the horridness of the situation.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.