Monday, December 23, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "It's the Most Busiest Time of the Year" Edition................

I haven't posted this past weekend because well, Christmas!, and all the added work it involves.  Plus trying to get end of year stuff done(medical, financial, etc.)and did I mention my daughter is getting married 12 days from now too??
Yeah, I'm overwhelmed a bit.

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--
1. Sunday--Pecan crusted Chicken, leftover mixed veggies
2. Monday--Pizza, Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Kielbasa Sandwiches, Beans
5. Thursday--Salmon, Risotto, Roasted Carrots
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Ravioli, Salad

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Pecan crusted Chicken, leftover mixed veggies
2. Monday--Pizza, Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Kielbasa Sandwiches, Beans
5. Thursday--Chinese take-out
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/ffy, and 1 night of Eating Out/Take-Out(but a lunch out).  The salmon and ravioli meals didn't happen because of so many leftovers left and I wasn't feeling like cooking on Thursday so we got take-out.

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* 2 packs Nathan's hot dogs
* 2 Hatfield ham steaks
* 1 pack shrimp skewers
* 2 lb. butter
* 1 loaf garlic bread
* 2 packs bacon
* 2 boxes sausage biscuit sammies
* 2 rolls breakfast sausage
* 2 packs chicken meatballs

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* 2 Pizzas
* frozen Mixed Veggies
* a hunk of Kielbasa

Small trips to Weis, Wenger's, Walmart, P&R and Ollie's brought the weekly spending to $108.08 and my December spending on food to $289.40 so far.

My savings percentage last week was 62.01%(without Rite-Aid trips)and December's monthly savings total comes in at 57.25%(w/out R-A).  Wenger's gave me a great savings percentage last week!

I have 8 more food shopping/spending days in December.

Leftovers going into this week.....2 pecan chicken pieces, 1 piece of kielbasa and some chili.  Hubs will be in charge of eating up these leftovers for lunches this week.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Broiled Salmon, Yellow Squash and Onions
2. Monday--Ravioli, Salad, Garlic Bread
3. Tuesday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself
4. Wednesday--Eye Round Roast, Roasted Carrots, Baked Potatoes, Lasagna, Corn Casserole
5. Thursday--Chicken Enchiladas, Beans, Rice
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--Leftovers

As always this menu is subject to change or rearranging depending on what leftovers get eaten or not and what I am feeling like cooking(or not). lolz

What needs buying for this menu? I "might" need tortillas for the enchiladas...just haven't checked on that yet.  I'll pick those up when I go to get my free ham at Weis(PMITA)Markets today or tomorrow.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

5 comments:

  1. I cooked salmon and pork loin yesterday. Today is sloppy joes for game with fend for yourself the rest of day. Thats tomorrow during day as well, but we've then got back to back Christmas with family and I'll contribute to meals. No weddings to plan though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salmon, perogies, turkey then leftovers for the next 4 days. I didn't realize your daughter was getting married so fast! Merry Christmas to you and your family Sluggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were lots of bogo at Publix this week that I use and actually needed right now. Some weeks there is nothing that I use on bogo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are just 3 of us for Christmas Eve this year so we are doing some NY strip steaks we got on sale a few weeks ago with baked potatoes and asparagus. Christmas Day we will have a big breakfast at home and then are going to SIL's for Chinese food -easy peasy for us!!!

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have cooked an obscene amount of food for 6 people. Even though Mom will be here with us I no longer count her when planning. She has virtually no appetite and eats a bite or two of things and that is it.We have a huge brunch then on Christmas night TheHub and I eat grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.