Friday, June 15, 2018

Frugal Friday.....June 15th Edition

Here are a few things we did that were frugal this past week.............

*  I earned a whopping .25¢ cash rebate on Ibotta.
Go. me. lolz

*  Hubs picked up the Friday Freebie last Friday at Weis.


Free applesauce cups?  Yes, please!

*  Weis was out of the BOGOFree Butter(8 oz. packs)last week's 3 Day Deals so I had Hubs get me a rain check and when he had to go back to Weis on Saturday he thought to get me another rain check for it, giving me two rain checks.........

Gotta love a man who gets rain checks! ;-)

*  I sold 4 packs of diapers this week.


$22 in my pocket selling something that cost me NADA!

*  More things from Rite-Aid for "free" this past week.....


*  Here is what I bought at Weis this week......


The ice cream and OJs were part of the Buy 6/Get $3 Off Deal so $15.94 for those plus I used 4 x $1.25/1 Qs for the Magnum so $10.94 OOP for those 6 items.  (It's too bad I don't like that ice cream....too much chocolate, not even ice cream IMHO.)  The bag of spinach was 1/2 price and I used one of my butter rain checks(see above)so $4.73 for 4 x 8 oz. packs plus another .96¢ off the butter since it was Senior discount Tuesdays( and a Weis branded product)so I paid $3.77 total for all the butter, making it less than $2 a lb.
I'll be sure to use the other rain check on Tuesdays so I get an additional 10% off those butters too.  8-)

*  I got home and discovered that the cashier at Weis had rang up FIVE butters not Four so when we were out Wednesday running errands I stopped in and got my money back.........


I tired to explain that no, they didn't owe me $2.50 but less due to the Senior Discount but the CS guy couldn't wrap his head around that fact so I got the whole $2.50.
$2.50 back into my grocery budget?  Works for me! lolz

*  While doing a much neglected house project, cleaning out the laundry room, I found this.....


.10¢ of found money added to my wallet.

*  Hubs and I hit Ollie's(Good Stuff Cheap!)on Wednesday.

Didn't get much in the way of foodstuffs.......3 Jello(Peach), Garlic(2 ways), Parsley, Ranch dressing, 2 Parmesan shakers, lemon custard for pie and then Pop-Tarts for Ex-College Boy and Mocha Frappe mix for the 2 kids.  $23.11 on food and we picked up a couple books, a new non-stick skillet, a tablecloth and some doggie treats.

*  Hubs and I had lunch out at Bob Evans on Wednesday after hitting Ollie's.  I drank water so didn't pay $2.49-$2.69 for a drink!  And I used a coupon for $4 off our meal which covered the tip amount.


*  Hubs clipped Chester's nails and I cut Chester's hair this week and he'll be getting a bath soon too.
Having a puppy we were able to get him acclimated to having these things done to him while he is/was young so it's pretty easy to perform them(except that he is still a puppy and can't hold still).
Why pay money at a pet groomer when we can do these things ourselves?

Other than lunch out we didn't do anything special this week.



What frugal wins did you have lately?

Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. I had a frugal win today! Had everything on hand finally to make shower cleaner spray! And the energy to tackle both showers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took advantage of a great promo from Penzeys at the end of May, pkg arrived today, included was a small pouch of freebie French Thyme. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my last two weeks will be tough on the budget challenge, but it was an aggressive one, so really a game to me. Nice little extra funds from the sales-put it towards that TBD trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about multiple comments.... I didn't read the instructions carefully ) : for the give away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chicken breasts were on sale this week. Yeah! Gonna make some southwestern chicken salad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the admin of this web site is in fact working
    hard in favor of his web page, for the reason that here every material is quality based
    data.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This post posted at
    this web page is truly pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you're making money on the diapers. THat is such a great way to make money. Sounds like you had another good and frugal week. What a deal on the butter. I'd take the $2.50 the boy couldn't figure out correctly either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with doing the dog grooming yourself. It has saved us so much money over the years. I also can do it whenever I want. I don't have to worry about making an appointment.

    Go Sluggy on the diaper sales. I'm going to have to look into doing that myself for a little side money.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.