Monday, May 15, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "42 + 42=84" Edition--

Here's my view this morning sipping my iced tea.
When I left home it was 42F degrees and foggy.  When I got to Va it was 84F degrees and sunny.
Sluggy doesn't do well in heat, especially when it's TWICE the temperature in the same day.  Gradually getting use to rising temps is fine but this?....No thanks!

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Pinto Beans w/Ham, Cornbread
2. Monday--Flounder, Fried Potatoes, Yellow Squash and Onions
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Pork Chops, Garlic Mashed Taters, Stir-Fry Veggies
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Meatloaf, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--maybe Chinese Take-Out

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Pinto Beans w/Ham, Cornbread
2. Monday--Leftovers(I had a can of soup)
3. Tuesday--Flounder, Fried Potatoes, Yellow Squash and Onions
4. Wednesday--Eggplant Parmesan
5. Thursday--Pork Chops, Garlic Mashed Taters, Brussels Sprouts
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Chinese Take-Out

Last week saw 7 nights of dinners....1 night of take-out, 2 nights of Leftovers and 4 nights of cooking new meals.  The Meatloaf meal didn't happen but I don't know if it will move to this week.

Two trips to Weis(one of which was almost all "free" as I used a gift card paid for last year)put a dent in the food budget of $35.96.   This brought my May food spending total to $79.93.  There are 16 days left in the month.

My savings percentages last week was 79.83% which brings the month's percentage to 75.84%. 

Leftovers going into this week.......3 Rolls, Taco filling, and Pizza slices.  Not much at all.

Here is this week's "food plan"....
* Denotes "complicated" meals

1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Ravioli and Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread
3. Tuesday--Roast Chicken and Veggies
4. Wednesday--Leftover Chicken in Gnocchi Soup
5. Thursday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself
6. Friday--Biscuits and Gravy(BFD)
7. Saturday--? or Leftovers

This week will see 4 new meals cooked, 0 night of Take-Out/Eating-Out and 3 nights of Leftovers.

What I need to buy for this menu?  Well I'm not there so I am not buying anything. lol
I think I have everything Daughter needs to make all this there already.  She's making a large batch of spaghetti sauce today with meat in it so I am sure they'll be having pasta(or at least some of them will)on the Fend For Yourself/Leftover nights.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I was so ill that I just ate whatever was in front of me which caused me to gain 6 obs...not in same week but over course of the bronchitis. I bought milk and bananas. Oh, and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful Va. trip!
    I am seriously impressed that you left a food plan for those left at home. When I leave and TheHub stays home we have a fend for yourself plan, which means he eats soup or take out every night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time on your trip to see family - safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you got to Virginia safely. Enjoy yourself.

    I am stocking on canned tuna this week.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.