Tuesday, February 28, 2017

2017 Food & Toiletries Spending....February Update

* Posting my grocery totals a day early as I am done food spending for February.  If for some reason I shop again today, this amount will go onto March's spending.*

Onward to February's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for FEBRUARY 2017.

I have posted February's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in February.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 3-4(3 at home this month). No kids under 20.

******************

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $4.75
Value  $17.26
Savings  72.48%

MAINE SOURCE
OOP  $31.28
Value  $49.30
Savings   36.55%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/PPs  $331.67
Value  $331.67
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE MARKET
OOP  $21.52
Qs/Ads $34.20
Value  $55.72
Savings  61.38%

WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $236.40
Qs/Ads  $251.02
Value  $487.42
Savings  51.50%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, the Bread Outlet at 72.48% and the Shursave Market at 61.38%.  My WORST savings rate was Maine Source at 36.55%.
The bulk of my money was spent at Weis Markets in February and I had a 51.50% savings rate there.
I shopped at 5 different stores this past month.


TOTAL Out of Pocket..........$293.95
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$647.42
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$941.37
TOTAL Savings of ..................................68.77%
TOTAL Savings w/o Rite-Aid of ..............51.79%

This closes out the February food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I went into February wanting to spend $300 on food and toiletries.
I came in $6.05 under even with stocking up on a few things this month.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went DOWN by 4.48% in February to 68.77% compared to January's 73.25% savings average.

With 2 months accounted for, I have spent a Grand Total of $845.22 on food/toiletries in 2017 which averages out to $422.61 per month spent in 2017. 8-)


LOOKING AHEAD To March........
College Boy will be home for 1 of the 4 weeks in March.  I want to try for another $300 grocery spending month anyway.  We've got lots in the pantry/freezer/stockpile heading into March.
If I can't keep under $300 I should be able to stay close.


If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in February?
*  Do you track your yearly food spending?
*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?
*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is really good. You know I have never really kept track of my grocery totals. It would be interesting just to know what my food cost was. Don't know if I have the discipline to do this. March is coming up. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! If you can stick to 300 with a 21 year old male coming home for a week, I will be seriously impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appetites are slowly coming back and I'll need to do some restocking but I have a kid gone a week so should see some savings.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Though I moderate it's partly to keep spam out but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.