After much ruminating over this subject I have come up with a set of Goals for My 2015.
Here they is......
* Save $28K of our income this year. This is my Savings Challenge for 2015. I've upped the goal $4K from last year's goal. While January isn't off to a great start financially speaking, my eye is on the prize.
* Sew and COMPLETE 8 Projects. Last year I completed 2, count 'em 2, sewing projects. I started another 4 and they sit untouched so far this year. Sewing is something I can't schedule, I have to be in the 'mood' to sew. I just never got in that mood much in 2014.
* Lose 40 pounds. For the rest of 2015 this means losing 3 & 2/3 lbs. each month. slow and steady and changing up your diet is the way to go with this one. I must do this for my health!
* Have eye surgery. My trip to the optometrist in January was not good. That teeny tiny cataract that he saw in Dec. of 2013 has taken off into a full blow one. I noticed on my roadtrip to the Midwest last July things with my eye weren't right. I don't know how soon but I will be having cataract surgery in the coming months.
* Go on at least 5 trips for pleasure. This is an easy goal. lolz We already have 1 trip taken to Virginia to visit my brother. September will be the Family Reunion also in Virginia and October we go to Ocean City MD. I am planning on going down to Louisiana soon after my eye surgery so that leaves 1 more trip to plan. Date and place are still to be determined.
* Have 2 House Repair/Improvement Projects completed. 2 years to go until we start dealing with selling this house so we have a few items to repair/replace in anticipation of that event. Still figuring out which projects we should tackle this year and the cost.
* Get rid of 6 boxes of possessions plus some larger items that need disposing of. I have been in decluttering mode for years now and I am still not done. That should tell you just how much crap I owned! lolz The decluttering will continue in 2015, though we are getting real close to having nothing left to ditch. I think I can ferret out at least 6 more boxes of "stuff".
* Complete 1 crochet project. I bought yarn awhile back for a project so I need to get on it. I finally found the pattern I want to use so this will commence shortly.
* Reorganize our Personal Files. Hubs was in charge of filing stuff. After seeing the mess up in the file room last week I have already begun to tame that paper dragon this week. I have purged about half of the files and begun on reorganizing all that is left. I need a better system and I think I'll be taking over this chore because it just drives me crazy when he leaves piles of paper everywhere in that room!
* Start an exercise program and do it every month. I will begin slowly with riding the exercycle and snow shoveling. Once I build up some stamina(and I unbury the dreadmill in the garage)I'll start walking. I've got some hand weights and need to come up with a routine I can do.
* Gardening. Not sure how much of a garden(veggies)I will attempt this year. At least a few plants so I can make my relish in the Fall and can some tomatoes.
Ok, I think that's a nice big list.
Now I need to break this all into bite sized chunks so I get it accomplished.
Wish me luck because I'm going to need it with some of this! ;-)