Monday, December 29, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table



The "Eating Out A Lot" Edition..........

 
 
 
We went to Pittsburgh for a few days early last week before Christmas to see our eldest son.  College Boy came with us and got to hang with his brother AND eat his first Primanti's sandwich.  I had to take half of my sandwich back to the hotel! lolz

Onward to the meal planning.....................

What was planned last week--

1.  Dinner Out
2.  Dinner Out
3.  Dinner Out
4.  Chinese Out(Xmas Eve tradition)
5.  Rib Roast with Roasted Veggies, Homemade Rolls, Pumpkin Ravioli w/Sage Butter Sauce
6.  No Clue
7.  Mushroom Risotto, Tossed Salad Greens
 
And this is what actually happened--

1.  Primanti Bros.
2.  Rivertowne Restaurant
3.  Leftovers OR Fend For Yourself
4.  Chinese Out(Xmas Eve tradition)
5.  Rib Roast with Roasted Veggies, Homemade Rolls, Pumpkin Ravioli w/Sage Butter Sauce
6.  Calamari and Leftovers
7.  Spaghetti with Chorizo and Meatballs

We ate out a good bit as we were out of town in Pittsburgh.  Then more Eating Out Christmas Eve.  I cooked Christmas Dinner(I think I cooked 3/4 of the day!). I picked up a chunk of Chorizo sausage and Chicken Thighs for cheap on Xmas eve so we had spaghetti(using the sausage) on Saturday night and the Chicken Thighs will be cooked early this week.
I forgot to make the Calamari for Christmas(!!!)so we had it the night after Xmas.
 
Last week I made 3 trips to 3 different  markets and spent $153.26 on $289.94 worth of groceries.  1 trip to Weis for a Xmas roast and a few things, then a trip to Sam's Club for some stock-up things and then we went to Trader Joe's while in Pittsburgh, mostly to pick up a supply of lobster ravioli(mmmmm)as we can't get that around here.
 

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Leftover Roast & Roasted Veggies
2.  Eggplant Parmesan, Salad
3.  Chicken thighs, Veggies and Risotto
4.  Assorted Leftovers
5.  Brats on Rolls, Cabbage, Fried Apples
6.  More Leftovers
7. ?  Don't know yet.....more Leftovers if not already eaten by then

Lots of leftovers to work on but a little bit of new cooking.  The chicken thighs and the eggplant I picked up last week will get prepared.  We already have the brats, cabbage and apples.  I also have half an acorn squash to fit in somewhere and a head of cauliflower to use up.....and fresh mushrooms too.
 
 
What I need to buy for this menu.........nothing.   The plan is not to shop this week, other than milk.


I am up to $440.87 spending for December with 3 days left in the month.
But I do have that Rite-Aid overage in Nov./Dec. and a SavingStar account deposit for 2014 hitting my bank this week.  These will help offset/be applied to my Dec. food/toiletries spending.

 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?    

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week, other than clearance deals on Xmas themed plastic and paper goods?

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. College boy looks awesome and in need of a razor. LOL he looks the same as DJ.
    To be honest, I haven't been paying attention to what we have been eating. I should probably sober up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...Primanti's I'll have to make a trip there soon! It's about an hour away from me. It looks soooo good! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been eating mostly at home. We did not do a big Christmas dinner on Christmas, but we also only got takeout a couple of times last week. We NEEDED Chinese food on Saturday. But it was really cheap Chinese food. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ,mmmmm I heard about Primantes on the Food channel a while back. That looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be in New Orleans for the next 4 days, so I am guessing I will be eating a ton of seafood. I am ready to go back to the Whole 30 plan as soon as we return.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.