Tuesday, December 3, 2019

2019 Food Spending Report.....the November Edition


Onward to November's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for NOVEMBER 2019.

I have posted November's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in November.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 5(3 at home this month). No "kids" under 23.
*****************

ALDI'S
OOP  $27.18
Value  $42.84
Savings  56.55%

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $11.17
Value  $55.29
Savings  79.80%

MALACARI'S
OOP  $22.47
Value  $40.54
Savings  44.57%

OLLIE'S
OOP  $10.87
Value  $20.10
Savings   45.92%

PRICE CHOPPER
OOP  $49.27
Value  $7908
Savings   37.70%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC  $1,231.36
Value  $1,231.36
Savings  100%

TARGET
OOP  $47.47
Qs/Ads $17.22
Value  $64.69
Savings 26.62%

WALMART
OOP  $12.64
Value  $13.64
Savings  7.33%

WEIS
OOP  $206.27
Qs/Ads  $267.44
Value  $473.71
Savings  56.46%



*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, the Bread Outlet 79.80% and Aldi's at 56.55%.   My worst savings rate was at Walmart with 7.33%.
I shopped at 9 different stores in November.

TOTAL Spent.........................................$387.07
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales.................$402.82
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased........$789.89
TOTAL Savings of ................................51.00%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for October w/R-A........$387.07
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales w/R-A....................$1673.89
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid....$2060.96
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items.....................81.22%

This closes out the November food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
We spent just under my $400 budgeted amount for food/toiletries in November.
Rah team.
I used some of my free and discounted gift cards, as well as store script this month to lower the out of pocket a bit.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 19.25% in November 2019 to 80.85% compared to the October's 61.60% savings average.
That was mostly due to all the free things I got at Rite-Aid on the Black Friday Weekend sales.
Without R-A the savings rate was a presentable 51.00% so it's all good.


With 11 months accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $4,295.63 on food/toiletries in 2019.


2019 Yearly Total Spent To Date....................$4,295.63
2019 Yearly Total Value of Items To Date....$ 15,675.79
2019 Total Saved To Date...............................$ 11,380.16
2019 Yearly Savings Total To Date of............72.60%

The average per month amount spent so far is $390.51 in 2019 which went down .34¢ per month from October's average.  That's a very slight decrease but I'll take it! lolz

LOOKING AHEAD To December.............
Ah Christmas time again!
The larder is packed full so I want to eat down pantry and freezers.  Other than family home for Xmas I don't plan any extravagant meals for December.  Daughter isn't here for her birthday so there will be no Birthday meal out then.  We've got no parties to attend and bring food to either.  I've already got a hunk of roast in the freezer for Xmas(plus 2 turkey breasts since I cooked the whole bird for T'giving)and a ham too.  We aren't a big baked goods/sweets eating family at the Holidays except for a couple of pies or cakes on Xmas and I stopped making Xmas cookies years ago as nobody ate them and I ended up throwing more than a few away. 8-(

I'll be cashing out all of my little pots of monies collected throughout 2019 so far during this month to put toward the December food budget.  I'll transfer it all to the bank account and when I buy food items with my cc I'll transfer the funds.  I hope I can cover all the food expenses in this way and not have to pull from income for it this month.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in November?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. So are you saying you did not eat my crumbs I sent you last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been a good month grocerywise - $75 under but when we were in Edmonton we bought $80 worth of Ukrainian sausage from a specific producer from hubby's home town(Christmas isn't Christmas without it). That being said the freezer is so full I can't even get anything more in it including cookies! Time to eat it down. All the Christmas meals are planned for including the 4 days that Stepson #3 is here (the bodybuilder and largest eater). Turkey in the freezer. Salmon in the freezer. Perogies and sausage in the freezer. I have all the ingredients for my baking, just need to get me behind in gear and do it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.