Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Food Spending.....the May 2023 Edition

Onward to May's Food Spending report......




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for May 2023.

I have posted May's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in May.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods. We are a family of 2(and 2 dogs).
****************

DOLLAR GENERAL
OOP  $18.75
Value  $37.50
Savings  50.00%

KROGER
OOP  $85.68
Qs/Ads  $63.86
Value  $149.54
Savings  42.70%

SUPER 1
OOP  $56.98
Qs/Ads  $46.54
Value  $103.52
Savings  44.96%

WALMART
OOP  $128.70
Qs/free Gift Cards $46.60
Value  $175.30
Savings 26.58%

********************
My best 2 Store Savings Totals were at Dollar General at 50% and Super 1 at 44.96% .  My worse rate was  Walmart at  26.58%. 

I shopped at 4 different stores in MAY.   8-)

TOTAL Spent in May................$235.11
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards....$230.75
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.....$465.86
TOTAL Savings of ............................49.54%

This closes out the May food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....not bad since we weren't home for 2/3 of the month.  I picked up some deals(meat)in May for the Summer.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went DOWN by 2..42% in May 2023 to 49.54% compared to the April 47.12% savings average.  

With 5 months accounted for, I have spent a Total of $1,882.46 on groceries/HBA /paper goods in 2023.

2023 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$2,117.57
2023 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$3,537.60
2023 Grand Total Saved...............................$1,420.03
2023 Yearly Savings Total..............................40.39%

The average per month amount spent is $423.51 in 2023 so far.

LOOKING AHEAD to June 2023...I have already taken off any weight gained on the trip but I am continuing to restrict food intake to get down to the BMI needed by the surgeon to get my knee replacement.  Hubs will mostly be fending for himself the rest of June, especially as there is a family crisis he is going to PA to deal with so I haven't a clue what he'll be spending.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in April?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just have your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. You did great! Hope the family crisis turns out ok. Middle son is autistic so I generally buy the same things and cook the same way when I see him on weekends. He likes to eat at Captain D’s and Taco Casa here so I oblige since they are technically fast food. but good quality fast food, and it means I don’t have to cook the few foods he will eat. My food budget is for two people also and includes the eating out mentioned above, dog and cat food, cat liter, vitamins, dog meds and treats, washing powder and toiletries ,and it generally runs about $750 a month for both kid and myself. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy has never not had enough money and spends what he wants for food. He is frugal, though, sometimes cheap. He never looked at sales, coupons, or ads until he met me. Now, he is all over the ads and looks at coupons. He circles things in the three ads we get. Of course, we rarely see coupons. We don't buy expensive meats. I like my meat costs to be under $2/lb. He listens to me and buys his Pepsi at the cheapest price. Before I got here, he ate burgers several times a week. Now, maybe once a week. Sometimes, we pick up a meal.
    I convinced him to put all we spend into categories. He did it by hand with a calculator. The next month he said it was too much trouble. He pays all bills on time, is always in the black, so sees no need to calculate what he spends on food each month.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.