Monday, January 30, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Don't Get Wedded to Your Meal Plan" Edition.....

Things happen in life.  And that includes things/events that make you have to change up your meal plan.  This was one of those weeks.
I did get that turkey gotten for free at thanksgiving thawed and cooked but with making all the sides too it wore my leg out for the day.  I spent after an early dinner(linner)confined to the recliner with my leg up instead of visiting with daughter and son in-law and the granddog.  Oh well.

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned.......
1. Sunday--Leftovers
2. Monday--Shrimp Scampi w/Fettucine Noodles, Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Salmon, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans
5. Thursday--Kielbasi, Cabbage
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Turkey Dinner w/Fixings

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Leftovers
2. Monday--Shrimp Scampi w/Fettucine Noodles, Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftover Beef Pie
4. Wednesday--Liver and Onions w/Gravy, Brussels Sprouts(lunch out, no dinner)
5. Thursday--Fend for Yourself(I had a pot pie)
6.  Friday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself(I had some cantaloupe)
7. Saturday--Turkey Dinner w/Fixings

Getting back on my feet to cook a bit with help from Hubs.  I only "cooked" two meals this week as we had many leftovers.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 bag of Shrimp
*  1 pot pie
*  1 whole turkey   

Hubs mostly picked up stuff to the tune of $31.38 last week.  Just little things we needed and medical supplies.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $414.67 for January.  

There is 1 shopping days left in January.

I've earned $87.73 on Ibotta in January.(I used $20 to buy a gift card.)
I've earned $2.82 on Checkout51 in January.
I've earned $16.75 on Coupons dotcom in January.
I've earned 2,499 points from shopping on Fetch in January.
I earned 1,590 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in January.
I've earned 640 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in January.

That's $107.30 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $414.67
 in grocery spending so in reality it's $307.37 in food spending after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 29.96% and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 33.79% so far.  

Leftovers going into this week.....Shrimp Scampi w/Linguine,  Roast Turkey and sides.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--I had a Greek Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, leftover turkey sides or salad
3. Tuesday--Kielbasi, Cabbage
4. Wednesday--I'm getting a tooth pulled so applesauce or something similar, Hubs is on his own
5. Thursday--Ditto
6.  Friday--Leftovers or ?
7. Saturday--?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing really but some fruit.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy 

5 comments:

  1. My only deals were the $10/$10 purchase from Safeway & using $10 of store rewards (earned from gift card purchases). The cost of groceries are abysmal. I like to use those type of "freebies" to pick up treats the boys like, that I normally don't buy... cereal, chocolate milk, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No meal is worth cooking and hurting your leg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recovery is taking a concerning long time. Please take better care of your health sluggz. - June in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually my doctors feel I am healing quickly for how bad/deep this wound is/was. It was pretty large with external and internal stitches. Plus it was a freak accident so not related to my health but thanks for being concerned and asking. 8-)

      Delete
  4. I had about 15 pounds of potatoes starting to sprout so made roasted potatoes, potato leek soup and mashed potatoes. Some of the mashed will probably become potato pancakes. Next time I’ll cut back when I find cheap potatoes. This is kind of a ridiculous meal plan.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.