Monday, November 28, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "LOL Things I've Seen Lately" Edition.....



Daughter and I went to a small town over in Texas on Saturday and we saw this makeup bag for sale in a strange little novelty store. hehehe

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned.......
1. Sunday--Leftovers
2. Monday--Salad, Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Chicken Strips, Mac and Cheese, Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie w/Veggies and Cornbread
5. Thursday--Some Form of Turkey, Rutabaga, Mashed Taters, Stuffing, Cranberry, Pumpkin Pie
6.  Friday--Shrimp Scampi, Linguine, Veg TBD
7. Saturday--More Leftovers

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Leftovers
2. Monday--Caesar Salad, Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Lasagna
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Turkey Breast, Rutabaga, Mashed Taters, Stuffing, Cranberry, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie w/Whipped Cream
6.  Friday--Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 Pie
*  2.5 lbs. of Salmon

We turned to a frozen lasagna on a day I didn't feel like cooking, a bag of Caesar salad that needed using up and I turned 2 boxes of generic/store brand Stove Top mixes into a semi-homemade dressing for Turkey Day by adding store made sausage meat, more onions and celery and herbs and some leftover cornbread from the fridge that nobody wanted to eat.  The apple pie(frozen)was for son in-law who doesn't like pumpkin or sweet potato. With all the running around for house supplies and unpacking spending lots of time in the kitchen cooking last week wasn't high on my agenda.

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 premade Lasagna
*  1 apple Pie                                        

My budget got busted last week so let's just add some more damage onto it, shall we?
I hit Walmart and Kroger for some stuff/deals with rebates to the tune of $113.02 last week.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $883.49 for November.  A high number but considering I was starting from scratch here I'm ok with it.

There are 2 shopping days left in November but I am finished food shopping.

I've earned $189.41 on Ibotta in November.
I've earned $0.00 on Checkout51 in November.
I've earned $17.50 on Coupons dotcom in November.
I've earned 9,360 points from shopping on Fetch in November.
I earned 6,176 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in November.
I've earned 1,344 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in November.

That's $206.91 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $883.49 in grocery spending so in reality it's $676.58 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 36.53% and the monthly savings total for November comes in at 38.92% so far.  Gone are the days of 70% savings rate with Rite-Aid. 8-((

Leftovers going into this week.....1 helping of lasagna, 2 helpings of rutabaga, carrots and mashed taters, a few helpings of cranberry and stuffing, and half of 2 pies.
I have a small pan of homemade mac and cheese from when I had it for the family gathering the last before last, plus carrots, potatoes, 2 sweet potatoes and half a head of cabbage to use up before we leave town.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Fend For Yourself (I had a can of soup)
2. Monday--Bake Potato Soup, Rolls, Leftover Turkey Day sides
3. Tuesday--Chicken Strips, Mac and Cheese, Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Shrimp Scampi w/Linguine, more Turkey Day sides
5. Thursday--Beef Pie w/Veggies and Cornbread
6.  Friday--Baked Potato Bar(I've got a lot of taters to use up)
7. Saturday--No Clue yet but I have lots of options in the freezer and some fresh produce to use up.

Some meals not made last week just carry over into this week.  We're working on leftovers at the moment too and trying to use up anything that will go bad before we get back from the cruise ;-)

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Maybe some milk and a bag of salad?

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy 

8 comments:

  1. I love that makeup bag and work with someone that needs to see this. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we've all had a coworker/friend/acquaintance who needs to see that. lol

      Delete
  2. I got blueberries for $1.67 for a large container. I got 3 as Ben LOVES them. I haven't figured out this week, except that tonight is mac n cheese and chicken nuggets (Rebecca's birthday meal request!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great price on blueberries for this time of year! Well done.

      Delete
  3. What a great makeup bag.
    How many days until time to fly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 days until we leave, 11 days until we take wing.

      Delete
  4. How fun to now be where you can spend time out with your daughter, the rewards of moving! (Plus I’m in Minnesota, I hate the cold! So nice to be in a warmer area! ) jre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be in the 70's today here...but I won't rub it in as there is the threat of a tornado too. lol

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.