Monday, August 8, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Success!" Edition....


Well we finally got some good tomatoes!  5 total so far.  No issues, splits, cracks or rot.  Had BLTs for lunch last week. yummy.

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Red Bag Chicken sandwiches, Squash Casserole 
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Lasagna, Salad
4. Wednesday--Caesar Salad w/Grilled Chicken
5. Thursday--homemade Flatbread Pizza, homemade Pickles
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Red Bag Chicken sandwiches, Squash Casserole 
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Lasagna, Salad
4. Wednesday--Fend For Yourself
5. Thursday--Lunch from Applebee's(Big Salad)
6.  Friday--Leftovers(I think those pot pies)
7. Saturday--Takeout Chinese for late Lunch/Dinner

Ex-College Boy came over on Sat. and helped power wash the house so I got Chinese take-out lunch specials.  Hubs and I finished our meals for dinner.
I used up all the cottage cheese and most of the shredded cheese this past week.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Chicken Sausages
*  Red bag Chicken
*  Mozzarella
                                                   
I spent $19.93 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week at Walmart and farm stand.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $19.93 for August.  

There are 23 shopping days left in August.

I've earned $11.19 on Ibotta in August.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in August.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in August.
I've earned 50 points from shopping on Fetch in August.
I earned 200 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in August.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in August.

That's $11.19 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $19.93 in grocery spending so in reality it's $8.74 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 56.51% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for August comes in at 56.51% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....most of a big lasagna and homemade pickles. That's it.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Teriyaki Salmon, Steamed Broccoli
2. Monday--Leftover Lasagna or canned soup or Greek Salad
3. Tuesday--Breakfast for Dinner
4. Wednesday--Subs
5. Thursday--homemade Flatbread Pizza, homemade Pickles
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?

Painting is happening(ceiling and trim)the first half of the week so easy meals it is.  End of the week?  Who knows?  I just keep reaching into the freezer for proteins. 8-)))  I'm making some white chicken chili for Hubs for lunches and the dogs are eating high on the hog lately as I feed them the freezer burned meats I uncover in the chest freezer.  Once we get to LA they are going to be turning their noses up when they go back to only kibble/dog food. lol

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Using up the rest of the French Bread for Breakfast for Dinner, flatbread, pepperoni, mozzarella.  I'll cook more bacon for BRD meal and for BLT sandwiches for lunches.  I'd love to buy another watermelon before we leave and some fresh corn but other than that, no groceries are needed this week.
I'll be sending some food we aren't going to use in the next load to the food bank this Friday.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy 

10 comments:

  1. I'm doing egg rolls tonight finally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know if anyone else mentions Chinese food, I will break my resolve to cut back take out. I'm making orange chicken to try to keep my will power in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still trying to get into the meal planning mode, but doing okay. I mainly have eggs, and sandwiches. No real food deals, but then I have not been able to explore grocery store options here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The MANIAFIFTY code is still working at Papa John’s every Monday so I picked up more breadsticks. It’s for 50% off of your order and I highly recommend.

    I’m making pizza to go with the breadsticks and have a huge bowl of red lentil Indian stew from last night. No idea after that but will include more garden tomatoes and zucchini.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on over - I have *all* of the tomatoes. Can't give them away fast enough! And, garden tomatoes are completely unlike anything you find in the store, which is mostly a sponge like taste, in tomato form ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for ex-college boy's help! Because of you I am seriously decluttering, but I NEED 8 sets of dishes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just cooked lots of food and we ate it, still eating it. Salads and fruit round it out. It make me feel like a successful farmer to pick tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What does HBA stand for? I don't think you have a host bus adaptor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, the ads came out and there was nothing we even buy bogo, loss leader, reduced, two for...nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.