Monday, September 28, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "End of the Garden" Edition.....

We harvested the collards on Friday and other than a few tomatoes that are still green thus ends our garden for the season.  I still have collards uncooked in the fridge and need to blanch and freeze or cook them this week.  The only thing is to pull up the remaining plants and work some nutrients into the soil before we leave the beds to winter over.

The front flower bed is still going strong however......


This photo is from July so it's really filled out since then.
I really need to put that lavender plant in the pot in front into the ground but can't decide where to locate it yet.




Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.....

1. Sunday--Cheeseburgers, Fries
2. Monday--Chicken Thighs, Collards
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Spinach Salad
4. Wednesday--Leftovers and Odds and Ends
5. Thursday--Domino's, Salad
6. Friday--Fajitas
7. Saturday--Breakfast for Dinner

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Cheeseburgers, Fries
2. Monday--Teriyaki Chicken Thighs and Stir-fry Veggies, leftover Rice
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Sweet Potato Wedges, Brussels Sprouts
4. Wednesday--Fajitas
5. Thursday--Domino's, Salad
6. Friday--Collards and Cornbread
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Last week saw  nights of home cooked dinners,  nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out.  We had Ex-CB and his roommate over for pizza on Thursday and I made a tossed salad to go with it.  No Breakfast for Dinner as the collards needed picking and eating.  I made some cornbread to go with the greens.
This week I need to use or lose 2 sweet potatoes.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 2 servings of salmon
* 1 package of 4 ground beef patties
* 1 package of thin sliced chicken breast

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* 2 ground beef patties
* 1/2 lb. of pepper strips
* 1 package of b/s chicken thighs
* 1 package of diced chicken breast
* 1 package of stir-fry veggies
* 1 package of Brussels Sprouts


We spent $61.36 last week(Weis, Malacari's produce and CVS), bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods to $351.52 for September so far.
There are 2 shopping days left in the month.  

I've earned $186.21 on Ibotta in September. WOW!
I've earned $10.00 on SavingStar in September.
I've earned $2.50 on Checkout51 in September.
I've earned $2.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal(for a digital Q).
I've earned 8281 points from food shopping on Fetch in September.
I've earned 3355 points from food shopping on ShopKick in September.
I've earned 3625 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in September(not counting the $6 in points missing).

My savings percentage for last week was 68.54%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips but with CVS)for September and the monthly savings total for September comes in at 55.35% so far.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....some Fajita filling, Collards and Cornbread.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Steak, Spinach Salad, Sweet Potato
3. Tuesday--Quesadilla(using Fajita filling)
4. Wednesday--Pigs in a Blanket, Veggie TBD from Freezer
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-Out
6. Friday--hot Tuna Subs w/Spinach and Tomatoes
7. Saturday--Leftovers or BLTs

What needs buying for this menu?  Sub Rolls and we are low on milk.  I'll pick both up on Friday which means these go on October's grocery tally.

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's at home.
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Haddock Fish Dinner  
* Beef Liver  

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Today will be the last of the spaghetti in a hotdish for a while-thank God! Other things will be chicken cordon blue and rice, maybe some chili if it gets colder, sone sausage meatballs-so good, and not sure what else. I have a list posted on my blog that is form my running September list if anyone wants topop over..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ibotta savings! Wow!
    Your meals sound good. I'm looking forward to cooler weather and chili and stews.
    Hope you are feeling better and healing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Chicken” and dumplings and a giant pot of spaghetti and meatballs this week. We ate all the dumplings so I just added more water to the broth and mixed up more dumplings. I found some mystery bags of frozen soup so I’ll thaw one of those if we run out of spaghetti. Yet another exciting week around here! 😉

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.