Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Ibotta Rebates on Shopping Last Week & Deals

 Other than Rite-Aid(where I don't spend actual money)I hit Weis(PMITA)Markets and finished up the $20 Moo-lah Ibotta Bonus.  I had already gotten L'Oreal hair coloring, Carefree liners, Schick razors and a box of Kellogg's cereal at R-A last week so 4 items more toward Moo-lah.

Here is how I finished off the Weekend Warrior and the Moo-lah Bonuses at Weis.......


3 x Kellogg's cereals $2.49 wyb3=$7.47
2 x Caress Body Wash $4 on sale ea.=$8.00
1 x Axe body spray/deo=$4.99
2 x Cliff energy drinks on sale $2.00 ea.=$4.00
1 x Keebler cookies on sale=$2.58
1 x Kind bar on sale=$2.00
1 x Simply almond nut juice=$3.99*not pictured
2 x Jello(blue Minions/sugar-free cherry)on sale $1.50=$3.00
1 x Jello banana pudding cups on sale=$1.50
1 x Cracker Barrel cheese on sale=$2.69
(2 x Creative Roots coconut water packs on sale $2.49 ea.=$4.98)*
* Creative Roots wasn't an Ibotta item but in order to get the sale price on the cheese and Jello items I had to Mix and Match 6 items(for $6 off), plus I had Qs on CR so they were $2.23 and I got another .75¢ back on SavingStar so .74¢ each pack.

I used $6.70 in coupons for these 15 items(not counting the Creative Roots drinks)which fulfilled 14 separate Ibotta rebates.

Total spent OOP....$33.52+.77¢ sales tax=$34.29

Ibotta Rebates earned...$37.75(16.25 regular for each item, .50¢ Simply Almond Bonus, $1 Weekend Warrior Bonus, $20 Moo-lah Bonus).
Plus I am now 11 items away from another $10 Seeing Green Bonus so I'll wait for another MidWeek Bonus or a Weekend Warrior bonus to stack with that one to get more bang for my rebate. ;-)

The Unilever items(Axe, Caress)also count toward a Fetch Rewards deal(spend $30/Get 10K points)and the reg. retail not sale prices and/or coupons count toward that $30 total.

I also got a few meat and cheese deals on this trip.....


2 x Babybel cheese packs were on clearance for $2.99(reg. $5.99)and I had 2 x $1/1 Babybel IPQs so these were $1.99 each.
1 x 85% Ground Beef patties were $2.99 lb. on clearance=$3.74 for 1.25lbs.
1 x boneless Perdue chicken thighs were BOGOF(so 50% for one)=$4.40 and had a $2 instant discount sticker so $2.40 for the package.
1 x diced Perdue chicken breast marked down to $4.43 and had a $2 instant discount sticker so $2.43 and I used a $1/1 Perdue fresh cuts Q so $1.43 OOP.

I noticed when I was writing this up last night the store charged be $6.89-.33¢ for the diced chicken package instead of the price on the yellow part of the sticker where it was marked $4.43. ugh.
So I drove over to Weis to get a refund on the difference between what I was charged($6.56)and the price it was suppose to be($4.43).
I explained at Customer Service, showed her the package of chicken and my receipt so clearly I was due back $2.13.
The person got out her calculator, opened cash register and handed me cash and my receipt back.
When I got to the car I took the money out of my pocket and she had given me this....



$4.10
Whaaaat!?
It took me awhile to figure out how she came up with that amount.
Evidently she took the price I should have paid and deducted the .33¢ that was actually deducted on the register off the regular price of $6.89.
$4.43-.33=$4.10.
So I got an amount refunded that was almost double what I expected and I got.

This means after my coupon on that chicken, the $2 instant sticker and this $4.10, the chicken was a .54¢ moneymaker. lolz
And no I am not going back again and try to explain their error to them and give that $1.97 extra back to them.
I figure making me go back to get the refund, my time and effort is worth that $1.97. ;-)
That $4.10 is safely tucked into my Refund envelope awaiting the end of the year to stick it all back into the checking account.

Sluggy



2 comments:

  1. I need to start doing Ibotta again, I need to start many things....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t found anything in weeks on Ibotta. Kroger has a cereal sale this week so I’ll see if anything matches.

    Just read an article that confirmed the tofu shortage. It is meat eating people trying it and stores can’t keep up with the demand. The world has definitely gone crazy!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.