Saturday, September 12, 2020

Frugal Friday....the September 11th Edition on Saturday

 Here's what passed for frugal around here this past week........

*  Since we went to the town South of us on Tuesday we stopped at Panera and got the Baker's Dozen bagels for $6.99.


I used a free gift card(cashed in c/c points for it)to pay and then submitted the receipt to Fetch Rewards and got 105 points toward a gift card for this purchase.

*  I had Hubs get a watermelon on sale for $2.99 at the local Shuresave store. It was free using an old gift card for there that I had him use.


Unfortunately he picked out a dud.  It wasn't very flavorful.  Ya win some ya lose some.....

 I found money!


A penny at the Rite-Aid on the 6th.

I found 2 pennies on the trip to the Walmart in the town South of us.

And back at R-A, when I opened my car door in the Rite-Aid parking lot I spied this groady penny laying there.

Total Change found this week. .04¢
Total Change found this year....$48.03

*  I had an old boombox I wanted to use in the guest room, but the power cord was long gone.  So instead of trashing the boombox and purchasing a new one, I ordered a replacement cord and it arrived last week.

It was under $10 including shipping. Much better than the cost of a new player.  Now I can use that boombox again!

*  I cashed in Swagbucks for a gift card.........


$25.00 free gift card and it only cost 2,200 SBs(since the Walmart gift cards were on "sale").

*  Lots of rebate shopping this past week as I already blogged about.  I also got the freebies/better than freebies/almost freebies at Rite-Aid......


The floss was free after sale price, L2CQ and $3 back in Bonus Cash.
This particular toothbrush was better than free after sale price, L2CQ and $3 back in Bonus Cash.
The cans of almonds were .75¢ per can after sale, L2CQ and .50¢ Ibotta rebate.(I did this deal on two different accounts, 2 cans per card.)

*  I also went to CVS this past week to use expiring ECBucks......


After Qs, CRTs and ECBs($3 on my card and $14 printed ones)this all cost me .16¢ OOP.
I also had lots of double dipping oral care CRTs but I just couldn't look another tube of toothpaste in the face so I settled on just toothbrushes. lolz


The shampoo earned me a $10 Beauty Reward gift card.  Only they didn't have any "Beauty" gift cares left so they were giving out old Easter time gift cards.  I'll have to call and make sure this doesn't expire 4/12 who knows what year. ;-)
I also earned back $6 in ECBs for buying the toothbrushes so I've got $16 left in ECBs plus this gift card and I don't need to go back to CVS until the end of October.  I also earned another $3 ECB for getting to $30 in Beauty spending so that makes $19 in ECBs on my card.

*  I got a pack of Klondike's new donut ice cream bars at Walmart.
I got back what I spent in points on Fetch Rewards, $3.27.
I can do this deal once more.
I like Klondike bars but this product is silly and pure marketing.  And you get less product because obviously there is a HOLE in the middle of the bar! lolz  We tried the Boston Cream.  It was ok but didn't knock my sox off.  But I'll take it and enjoy a treat for free. 8-)

*  I had 2 frugal fails this week on Fetch Rewards too.  evidently when I went to do the Arm and Hammer toothpaste deal again I must have gotten at least 1 of the wrong type so I didn't get the full $25 worth of points back, I only got $11.25 worth back in SBs.
And I tried to do the Green Giant Simply deal-Buy 3 bags/Get back $6 in SBs but when I submitted my receipt I didn't get the $6 and that Deal disappeared from my list.  I submitted a ticket for this one.
It's always something, isn't it? ;-)

That's it from here.



What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?

Sluggy



7 comments:

  1. No bargains other than the reduced price grapes and mushrooms. I'm just trying to shop smart and only buy what we need and to replace our pretty stocked pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much in the frugal department for me. Just been a little busy with school and work, but this is my first weekend free (well no work) in three months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frugality is a term that loosely applies to buying T bone steaks on sale. That is my frugal win for the week. Other than that I spent nothing except for a minor car repair(had to be done) and 2 pastries at the New Mexican bakery (2.46 including tax)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a very expensive serger on the way. It will be cheaper to make clothing than continue to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband’s company is now giving everyone $50 per month to cover work from home expenses. We only pay $30 for internet so that covers it even after taxes are deducted.

    I haven’t been anywhere or bought anything so that’s pretty much the extent of my exciting news.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like another good and frugal week. I love the $25 gift card to Walmart from SB. That is why I love the rewards programs, because you can exchange them for things that you need everyday. I have a friend who makes her car payment using the rewards programs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You posts of found coins always make me smile.
    I wasn't aware Panera had bagels; I must have a look-see now.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.