Sunday, September 27, 2020

CVS Shopping....Still Not a Fan

I had $3 in ECBs expiring on Saturday(it was earned for buying $30 in "Beauty" items last month or something)so we made a trip to one of our nearby CVS stores.

I had a total of $19 in ECBs I could use but $3 HAD to be used or lost.

I just will never fully "get" the CVS system I suppose.
Even when I write things down(what CRTs/Qs I have)I still can't put together a less than $1 OOP spent transaction. sigh
It might help if I got more/better CRTs too. ;-)

Here is what I bought.......


2 x Honey Nut Cheerios on sale=$7.00
2 x Head and Shoulders shampoo on sale=$12.00
1 x Tide Simply on sale=$2.94
2 x Old Spice body wash BOGO50%=$10.84
2 x Crest toothpaste on sale=$5.98
2 x Oral-B Pulsar toothbrushes BOGO50%=$11.98
2 x Poparazzi nail polish suppose to be on sale but rang up reg. price of $2.99 ea.=$5.98
1 x Maybelline baby lips gloss=$4.79** I did this in a separate transaction first so the Q/CRT for it didn't come off the nail polish items.

SubTotal....$61.51

Coupons/CRTs Used-- 
$1/2 Big G cereals digital Q
$1/1 off GM cereal CRT
$3 off 2 Honey Nut Cheerios CRT
$3/1 Head and Shoulders digital Q
$3 off $10 Hair Care CRT
$1/1 Tide simply digital Q(shows on receipt as Bounce)
$5.49/2 Old Spice body wash digital Q
$2 off 2 Old Spice CRT
$5/3 Crest/Oral-B items digital Q
$1/1 Crest digital Q
$3 off $10 Oral Care CRT
$2 off 2 Oral-B toothbrushes CRT?
$2 off $8 Crest/Scope/Oral-B CRT
$4.79 free Cosmetic item CRT
TOTAL Qs/CRTs......$37.28


$24.23-$19 in ECBs=$5.23 +.23¢tax=$5.55 OOP

I also had a $2 off $8 Head and Shoulders CRT which did NOT come off so had that come off and the nail polish had rung up sale price(2 for $5 so .98¢ less)my total OOP would have been $2.42 instead I wouldn't feel so cheated by their system.

I did however get $2 back on Ibotta, $1 for each Oral-B toothbrush, so that makes me feel a bit better.

And I earned $9 in new ECBS($4 nail polish, $3 Oral Care, $2 Head and Shoulders). Whoppeedo! lol

I guess CVS just isn't my jam....


Sluggy




4 comments:

  1. Happened to me today too. I think they have a weird algorithm (how else can it be explained without really explaining in?) Anyway, I bought some stuff, I thought after coupons, I would "owe" around $11. Nope, I "owed" $14.XX. But I had "free" giftcards - one from the beauty deal and one I redeemed through ibotta - so, not really $ out of my pocket. I think the $4 off $20 coupon messed things up. But in any case, the receipt says $1 ECB not used and CVS MFR Coupon ($2 ecb) not used. I went on line - and added them back to the card since the cashier took the coupons - but they weren't deducted. If I used cash or my CC and I didn't get the ecbs back, I would have been annoyed and probably would have sent an e-mail or called.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Sluggy - CVS has NEVER been my jam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CVS = convenience, value, and service.
    They do not often live up their acronym.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do CVS quite often, and usually come out okay. One thing you do have to watch, though, is combining the 30% or 40% off one item coupons with ECB's for payment. When you do this, they discount your ECB's by the same percentage. I learned that the hard way, so I don't do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.