Thursday, July 30, 2020

Drugstore Shopping This Past Week

I went to CVS last week to use the $3 Beauty ECB I earned from my earlier trip there since it was set to expire last week.  I also had $15 in other ECBs going in.

Things didn't go as expected(as usual)......

I did two transactions.
First I bought the two packs of razors and used 2 different digital Qs.
Here is that receipt...........

You can(or not lol)see the $8 in digital Qs for the razors, the $3 Beauty Buck plus another $3 ECB I used bringing my total to $1.04(w/.06 tax).
I earned the $5 ECB for doing the Schick deal bringing me to $17 in ECBs left.

Then the train came off the rails when I bought the rest........

2 x fancy Pantene 2/$14
1 x Gain flings $4.94
1 x Poise liners  $6.49
2 x Febreeze car scents bogo50% $5.98
Subtotal.........$31.41

These items were all part of the Spend $30/Get $10 ECB Deal.

Coupons that should have come off..........
$5 Pantene Digital Q
$2 Gain Digital Q
$3 Poise Manu Q
$3 CVS Poise Digital Q
$3/2 Febreeze Digital Q
Total....$16.00

$31.41-$16=$15.41 and I would have used $15 in ECBs plus .41¢ and sales tax OOP
But nooooo!


If you can see on the receipt the cashier didn't ring up a second Febreeze car scent item(so my total was $29.42 before Qs but still close enough to $30 to earn the $10 ECB(which I did).
Then my $3/1 Poise ManuQ wouldn't come off(this happened last time too).  The cashier said because I used the digital CVS Poise Q(which wasn't a ManuQ but a store Q)is the reason but that was a CVS not a ManuQ so it should have.  I just think that Poise ManQ wasn't coded correctly....that would explain it not working on two separate trips.   Had I know I'd have bought something else instead.
Thirdly since she didn't ring up the 2nd Febreeze item my $3/2 Febreeze digital Q didn't come off but a $1/1 Febreeze digital Q came off instead. ugh
And of course I didn't notice the lack of a 2nd Febreeze item on my receipt until I got home.

$29.42-$11=$18.31 and I had to use all $17 in ECBs I had and pay $1.49 w/sales tax OOP.
I did earn the $10 ECB as I mentioned before.

So I 'lost' $2 in ECB and that $3/1 Poise Manu on this transaction but I gained a $1.99 Febreeze item she didn't ring up.
Even so, I still got the short end of this stick. ;-)

I've got $10 in ECBs and once I spend that my foray into CVS will be done once again.
Maybe this time I will learn to stay away from CVS. lol

My Rite-Aid trips went much better last week........


This trip was last Friday.  I got 4 x Schick razors($23.96), 2 x Colgate($6.06)and 4 x Ricolar cool relief drops on clearance for .84¢ per bag($3.36)so $33.38 subtotal.
I used 4 x $4/1 Schick IPQs, 2 x .75¢/1 Colgate IPQ(Colgate website), 2 x $3/1 Colgate RA in-ad Qs and 4 x $1/1 Ricola cool relief Tearpad Qs(I've been holding onto all year-they expire Dec. 2020).
$33.38-$27.50 in Qs=$5.88+.37¢ sales tax=$6.25 paid for with Bonus Cash.
I earned $5 in new BC for all those razors(Spend $20 on Shaving Items/Get $5 BC)so I spent down the BC by $1.25 for all this.
The cough drops and toothpaste gave me $1.14 in overage to apply to the razors.

Then I bought this on Saturday................

2 more Colgate toothpaste(used a $1/2 ManQ to pair with the $3 in-ad RAQ making them free), 2 boxes of Kellogg's cereal(2/$5 sale)and 2 Compeed blister packs(BOGO sale).
I printed off 2 x $1/1 Kellogg's cereal from my Kellogg's points account so my total after Qs came to $12.99 paid for the Bonus Cash.

I earned $10 on Ibotta (2 x $1 cereal, 2 x $4 Compeed)so I converted $10 of BC to cash and spent down BC by $2.99.
Plus those 3 rebates got me to the $5 Weekly Ibotta Bonus too.
rah.

I should have spent down the BC by $2.49 instead since I had 2 more of those 75¢/1 Colgate IPQs but I couldn't find them in my coupon envie as they weren't where they were suppose to be doh!

Still a good week at R-A.


Sluggy



4 comments:

  1. You still did great, despite the hiccups. Cashier is wrong about your Poise q. Did she tell you this before she scanned the rest of your Qs? If it was after, it's possible it was rejected because of your OOP was less than the Q value. CVS does not give overage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Poise were $6.49. The Qs were $3 each so it still should have been .49¢ OOP.

      Delete
    2. I understand, but your subtotal was only $1.42. If the q was rejected before she scanned your EBs, then it doesn't make sense. The register will then auto adjust your smallest EB so that your total is zero before tax.

      Delete
  2. Your stories of coupon woes seem offset by things workig to your advantage, perhaps? I stll get aheadache reading-give me a $100 million budget on paper tha tI jsut need t apply a formual to to disburse-that's morein my line.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.