Monday, June 15, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Would You Eat This?" Edition..........



I am not a big fan of spicy foods.  I saw this Ghost Pepper Pizza Sauce at the Sharp Shopper in PA on the way down here. I almost bought some for Elder son I was on the way to see as he IS a fan of spicy.'

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned.........

1. Sunday--Leftovers(Hubs-Goulash over Rice, Me-Soup, Strawberries)
2. Monday--Salmon, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Hot Dogs and Burgers, Salad
4. Wednesday--Fend For Yourself/Leftovers
5. Thursday--? Hubs in charge
6. Friday--? Hubs in charge
7. Saturday--? Hubs in charge

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Leftovers(Hubs-Goulash over Rice, Me-Soup, Strawberries)
2. Monday--Salmon, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Fend for Yourself(I just had salad and Butternut Squash Ravioli tv dinner)
4. Wednesday--Fend For Yourself/Leftovers
5. Thursday--? Hubs in charge(I had Chicken Tender, Salad and Corn on Cob from Chili's)
6. Friday--? Hubs in charge(I had a big salad from Bob Evans)
7. Saturday--? Hubs in charge(I had Steak, Butternut Squash, Baked Potato at brother's house)


Last week saw 1 nights of home cooked dinners(before I left), 3 nights of leftovers/FFY(before I left), and 0 night of Take-Out.  At son's I had fruit for breakfast and we only ate a combined lunch/dinner-linner? of a restaurant meal each day/evening while I was there.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* I doubt Hubs put anything in the freezer last week.

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* Salmon

1 trip to Sharp Shopper on the way down here was all the food shopping I did so far which brings my June Total spending on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods so far to $149.61+ whatever I spent at Sharp Shopper on the way to VA.(Don't have that Sharp Shopper receipt on me right now...I'll add it all in when I get home.)

I am at $4.20 total earned in Ibotta rebates in June so far.

My savings percentage last week was ?%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips)for June and the monthly savings total comes in at ?%(w/out R-A). 

I have 16 more food shopping/spending days in June.

Leftovers going into this week.......no clue what they ate or didn't at home and frankly I don't care right now. lol

Here is this week's "food plan".....my Sister in-law is in charge this week. ;-)
1. Sunday--Didn't eat Dinner(Had a big salad for lunch and applesauce later.)
2. Monday--Taco Salad
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4. Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6. Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

What needs buying for this menu? Don't know the menu so don't known what needs buying.  I'll throw my sister in-law some cash toward whatever.

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's here...........
* Shrimp Tempura
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Spaghetti and Meatballs
* Breakfast for Dinner
* Grilled Chicken  new
* Grilled Steak  new
* Haddock Fish Dinner  new
* Chicken Tenders  new
* Beef Liver  new
Plus lots of thinly sliced Chicken Breast, grass fed Ground Beef and Ground Turkey in the freezer.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Hell to the no on ghost peppers! My husband bought something like that at the farmer’s market once and they burned my eyes for days. Didn’t even eat them but they were on my hands and I wear contacts. My red bell peppers do not require gloves.

    I’m back to bulk cooking so the two options for the week are pot pie and “chicken” and dumplings. The laptop I ordered about 6 months ago has finally arrived so I’ll be stopping by the office to pick it up-if HR will allow me on campus. I’ll pick up a pizza from the good place nearby if I go for some variety.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even pretend toplan this week. Last week was all over the board, but Im using stuff up and not wasting food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like spicy food but a ghost pepper sauce is most likely more painful than tasty. I pretend plan. I make one than boot it about a quickly as I make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not eat the ghost pepper pizza sauce. I don't do hot. LOL My BIL and I canned peppers last year and we cut them up and had to put them on the other side of the room and they still made us tear up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting back on track after having the kitchen in chaos while they were painting. This week was fairly normal except one night was great - Raley's had lobster tails for $5 each so hubs & I (ds was gone - YAY, we got to share his tail) had lobster and artichokes...don't get much better than that!!!!

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I doesn't do hot or even warm! Cayenne from a distance is all I can handle, and then it has to be a little bit and camouflaged by cream cheese on crackers. I eat what is cooked. When my freezer gets here this Friday, I can freeze more foods I have cooked.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.