Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Rite-Aid Shopping This Last Week

I already posted about getting this stuff last week........

I did the Mix n' Match cosmetic deal on son's card and got three bags of 75% off coffee, spending $9.04 in Bonus Cash and earning $10 in new BC for buying the cosmetic items.  Better than free cosmetics and coffee.....Great deal!

I had a free day on Friday(and I had to go out to P and R anyway which puts me near 3 more Rite-Aids)so I hit more Rite-Aids to see what 75% food clearance I could find.  Most of it was still marked 50% off so I found quite a bit. Here is everything I found from all the stores....


11 x bags of coffee $1.69 each=$18.59
3 x bottles of Worcestershire sauce .69¢ each=$2.07
2 x cans of tomato paste .39¢ each=.78¢
2 x canisters of golden raisins $1.62 each=$3.24
3 x 2 lb. bags of brown rice $1.24 each=$3.72
Total of $28.40 OOP

The regular retail on all this would have been $114.19(not that I would have EVER paid those prices! lol).

(I actually bought 12 bags of coffee but I gave one to the brother in-law so I didn't count that one in my food spending.)
If you have a Rite-Aid it's worth checking out their "Wild Harvest" organic private label brands as they seem to be reducing which items they will continue to stock.

While in one store I also did the Mix n' Match cosmetics deal again on my card(it's a limit of 1 deal per card/account).........


These 3 Cover Girl items came to $16.82 after 20% off Wellness Disc. and sales tax.
I used 3 x $3/1 Cover Girl IPQs(2 x face, 1 x eye and of course they all beeped because CG Qs always beep)so $9 off make this all $7.82 paid for with Bonus Cash.
But my $10 in BC for the deal didn't appear on my receipt. Argh!  So I had to call Corporate the next morning and get that fixed.
Which meant the deal I wanted to do on Saturday on this card I didn't have those $10 in BC back until Sunday, the day after the sale.  Argh again!

But I did another deal on Saturday anyway as I still have some BC on that card and I supplemented with a free R-A gift card(earned in Dec. of 2018 during the Beauty Deals month).........

3 x Tide $5.94 ea on sale=$17.82
3 x Pantene $3.83 Wellness disc. better than sale price=$11.49
1 x Febreeze cleaner on sale=$2.99
SubTotal.........$32.30

Coupons Used
1 x $4/wys $20 snail mailed R-AQ=$4.00
1 x $2/1 Tide L2CQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Tide IPQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Tide pods IPQ=$2.00
1 x $3/3 Pantene insert Q=$3.00
Coupon Total.......$13.00

Except, there was a $1/1 Tide pods L2CQ that also came off and didn't "unattach" when I used my printed $2/1 Tide Pod Q.  Both Qs printed off the PandGSaver site beeped(well now we know why the Tide Pod one did! lol)so the cashier had to manually push them through.
This all means I got $14 in Q off my total instead of $13.

$32.30-$14.00=$18.30+.98¢ tax=$19.28 Total.
I used a combination of gift card and BC to pay and received $10 in new BC back.  Then on Sunday morning the $10 from the cosmetics fiasco showed up so I have $20 in BC on this card.

I went back to R-A on Sunday for the new ad and to do the Suave Deal and the Oral-B Deal........


1 x Suave men's body wash BOGO50%=$2.59
1 x Suave men's deodorant BOGO50%=$1.29
2 x Oral-B toothbrush twin pack=$6.00*
SubTotal....$9.88

Coupons Used
1 x $2/1 Oral-B battery or twin pack L2CQ=$2.00
2 x $2/1 Oral-B twin pack in-adQ=$4.00
Coupon Total......$6.00

$9.88-$6.00=$3.88+ .11¢ sales tax=$3.99 paid for with Bonus Cash
I earned back $2 in new BC for buying 2 Suave items.
I also earned $1.60 in cash rebates on Ibotta(2 x .50¢-for each Suave item bought, .50¢ Suave Bonus for buying 2 different items, .10¢ for buying anything at R-A).
So spent $3.99, got back $3.60 in BC/cash meaning I spent .39¢ in BC for everything above.
Nice.

* This type of twin pack toothbrushes(Indicator type)were also tagged on sale for $6 if you bought 2.  None of the other twin packs were on sale(except for your Wellness Discount)so after Qs these were free at that price point.

I am hoping that before Saturday the Suave rebates will be back in my gallery and I can do this deal again if I can find the products still on the shelves down in the R-As near my brother's house.

Have you done any Rite-Aid shopping lately?



Sluggy


6 comments:

  1. No rite Aids here and I jsut don't have the time or patience to figure out the CVS system. I've never understood Walgreens-occasionaly I'll chekc out and they;''l tell me I eanred a $2 off credit. Getting low cost coffee is always a win in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved the coffee deal, alas, no RiteAids here anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RA are gone here. Walgreen's is too hard to keep up with, and I rarely go to CVS.

      Delete
  3. Good deals on the Rite Aid food clearance. All of ours have closed down here, so no goodies for us this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good deal on raisins, our rite aid does not carry much of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love golden raisins! You got a really good deal on them. Unfortunately there are no Rite Aid anywhere near me. Penny S.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.