Friday, June 5, 2020

Frugal Friday....the June 5th Edition

Here what frugal stuff happened around here this week around Chez Sluggy.........

* I almost forgot about submitting my Allegra purchases from April at Rite-Aid for an offer from the makers or Allegra and other allergy OTC meds..........
Receipts are now submitted and in 4-6 weeks I should have a $20 Visa prepaid card.  go me! lol
I already earned a $15 cash rebate for buying these same items on Saving Star.  I LOVES me a good double dip! lolz

*  Hubs and I hit Ollie's(Good Stuff Cheap!)on Monday to use one of those 15% your entire order coupons I had.  Here are the food items I bought.........


Oatmeal packets, Cherrios, Peanut Butter(chunky)and Pretzel Crackers.  Every time I buy a bag of these pretzel crisps they disappear into Ex-CB's room and I never get any.  This bag is safely hidden in my walk-in closet so he can't find/eat them all. Ssshhh, don't tell him............. '-)


*  I found money(and boy, did I!)

At Ollie's this dirt old dime was found at the register counter.  When I used my Lysol wipe to pick it up I thought it was a penny(plus it's so dark in that store).  I was pleasantly surprised to see it was a dime when I got home and unwrapped it!.


Then as I wheeled my cart toward the door and passed a red hand truck used by the employees to move heavy shit, I spied another coin and told, no ORDERED! Hubs to pick it up for me as my arms were too short to get it without moving a bunch of stuff in front of the hand truck.
Again, due to lack of lighting I thought it was a penny but it turned out to be Tom Jefferson's face smiling up at us. 8-)


Then on Wednesday(no Wellness Wednesday *sad face* though)I went to pick up an Rx and found this dime back by the pharmacy.......


Then I saw this penny under a freestanding candy rack up by the registers..........


And this quarter was peeking out from under the candy rack attached to the side of the other front register............


When I went to pick up the quarter with a wipe this also landed in my hand..........


It's a religious medal(probably Catholic)of Joseph and baby Jesus.  I cleaned it off, tucked it into an envelope and will return it to the store.  I hope someone is  missing it and they get it back.


Found Money This Week..... .51¢ + a medal
Found Money This Year So Far....$45.71

* I also hit Rite-Aid this week(if you read the found money thing above you know I did already).  I bought brought home this stuff here............

3 x their Organic line of fair trade coffee 75% off($1.69 per bag)=$5.07
1 x Cover Girl brow pencils 20% Wellness disc.=$4.39
2 x Rimmel brow pencils 20% Wellness disc.=$6.22($3.11 eac)
SubTotal.....$15.68

Coupons Used
1 x $3/1 Cover girl eye IPQ=$3.00
2 x $2/1 Rimmel any item IPQ=$4.00
Coupon Total........$7.00

$15.68-$7.00=$8.68+.36¢ tax=$9.04 OOP paid for with Bonus Cash.
I earned back $10 BC for buying the 3 cosmetic items making this transaction a .96¢ moneymaker.
Woot!
And who is going to turn down coffee for $1.69 a bag, seriously?!?

* After my medical appointment on Thursday in Hershey Hubs and I hit this place..........

Try saying "Sharp Shopper" 10 times fast.............it can't be done! loz

Anyway this was "sort of" on the way home down in one of the many pockets of 'Amish country' here in PA.
This regional chain isn't Amish owned(but it's not open on Sundays like all other Amish businesses n the area).  I love me some discount grocery outlets!!!  I got some great deals I'll tell y'all about another time as I am getting this posted so late in the day.
And if anyone wanted to send me a Sharp Shopper gift card I would NEVER turn that down! lol

That's about it for this week.....


Try to keep on keepin' on with your frugal ways and tell us all about your frugal wins for this past week!

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. You certainly at the right place at the right time and have a sharp eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only money I find I in the washing machine, and probably my own!

    ReplyDelete

  3. 2 things to think about-if the breakfast is crap why not skip it somewhat, like just omit it and not have the meal and eat gross calories (lol)and also why do you eat things like ice cream and booze when feeling sick. Eat a banana. Can you just say "no thanks" to that and get something healthy? I am sure there are plenty of parents Options you could use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First thing-don't know why you make this comment on the Frugal Friday post rather than on the Road Trip post?
      Second thing-obviously I wasn't THAT sick(this is a story n'est pas? and it sounds better if I play up the sick angle, got it?
      Thirdly-not eating was NOT an option since we skipped dinner the night before and we had no snacks at this point on the trip to utilize. The only other option was to get a drink out of the only vending machine at the motel(sodas), find something to eat at the gas station across the street or at the Dollar General or liquor store in the tiny shopping plaza next door. No fast food or grocery stores around(sort of a food dessert area). Hubs was in a hurry to get to the distillery because we had a tight schedule to make it to our next motel stop.
      Sometimes you have to do what you do. The booze killed whatever germ I picked up and the ice cream(dairy)coated my stomach. Best option I had.
      But thanks for caring about my health...

      Delete
  4. Good deal on the $20 Visa card and Woo Hoo on all the money you found this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just went to the grocery store for the first time in two weeks and finally found some good deals. Manager’s special stuff and buy 5, save $5 specials. Several aligned with Ibotta and I submitted $22.35 in rebates.

    Still staying home all the time other than the Kroger trip. Dexter the cat does have a new trick. He steals my headbands off my head even when I’m awake!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.