Friday, June 12, 2020

Frugal Friday....the June 12th Edition

Here what frugal stuff happened around here this week around Chez Sluggy.........

*  Put gas in my car for the first time since late March(I think).  The price however was not so frugal.  We were at a low in PA here of $2.04 but now it's up in the $2.25-$2.29 range. bleh.  Surprisingly at home the best deal was at Sunoco w/my .05¢ per gal. discount on my Sunoco card so $2.02 per gallon.  Luckily my little car gets great mileage.


*  I went back to Rite-Aid before leaving town and bought this again..........


Paid $3.99 w/sales tax in Bonus Cash and earned $2 in new BC.  I submitted for $1.00 in Ibotta rebates again but they gave me $1.50(1 x .50¢ for the body wash, 2 x .50¢ for the deodorant)maing these cost .49¢ combined in BC.
I am up to $3.20 in Ibotta rebates for June.


*  I found money!

 These were all last Friday when I went searching for all those bags of coffee on 75% clearance at various Rite-Aids.  If they are photographed together it means I found them in the same store but I can't for the life of me remember which I found in what store. lol


I do remember this was found at the 4th store I hit(no 75% clearance left there)but this shiny fellow was over by the rack of sales flyers.

These two were found up by the register/candy rack at one of the other stores.

I didn't find any change at the Sharp Shopper last week but on the way down to my son's in VA yesterday I stopped at a SS outside of Harrisburg just to see what deals they had and to use the bathroom.

This dime was on the floor in the bathroom stall with me at Sharp Shopper.


Then is penny was laying on the sidewalk outside the store as I wheeled my cart out to my car.

Then I stopped for gas at a Sheetz outside of Warrenton VA and this penny was laying on the asphalt in front of my car.
Remember I am careful when picking up change now.  I pick things up with a wipe, a tissue, etc. and disinfect the coins once I get home or wherever I am going to.

Found Money This Week..... .17¢
Found Money This Year So Far....$45.88

* My son and I got food from Chili's yesterday for dinner.  I had bought a bunch of Chili's gift cards at R-A last Black Friday/Dec. to get BC.  Well wouldn't ya know it our Chili's at home closed down for good this past Jan. lol  And I am not hiking to the next closest one to use these gift cards.  I bring them when I go other places that have Chili's still and use them while traveling.  There's a Chili's near my brother's house so I'll be getting Chili's again this trip. ;-)  The only cash spent for dinner was the $10 tip I gave the guy. 8-)

* I hit P and R outlets last Friday while I was out pillaging Rite-Aids's 75% clearance sections and got this freebie there........
Boxes of Miso Broth they were giving away to customers you bought anything in the store(which I did). ;-)

* My greens are going gangbusters in my garden at home.  I picked the first of the lettuce and spinach and had a salad for dinner on Wednesday night.
I didn't take any pictures but I will when I get home if it all hasn't gone to seed.

* Speaking of Sharp Shopper I did pick up some items........
clam shells of 1 lb. strawberries weren't .99¢ like at the other store but $1.49 so I picked up one and had half this morning for breakfast and I'll have the other half tomorrow before I leave son's place.
I picked up 2 boxes of tea bags for 2/$1.  I also bought this........

2 x quarts of OJ to use on the trip.  They were 2/$1 as well.  I like a little OJ in my unsweetened iced tea in the mornings to get me going.

I also picked up 3 x 12-packs of these........

Sugar-free Powerades.  Now that Diet Pepsi has gone back to using Aspartame I drink this stuff instead with Sucralose.  These were 3/$1 so $4 per 12 pack.
If they all get used up while I am down here I'll hit a Sharp Shopper on the way home and load up for the Summer months. lolz

Now here is where the Food Police are going to go "tsk tsk" at me......

I love Kozy shack pudding(it's a PA thing)and like a few spoons of it as a snack at times.  My usual tapioca flavor was .99¢ a tub but the rice pudding was 2/$1!! so I picked one of those up.  I'll probably leave that at son's for him to eat what I don't have today or tonight.

I bought these 5 packs of Reese's cups with Reese's pieces in the filling as a gift for my son for letting me sleep on his sofa. lol
They were 2/$1.

That's about it for this week.....


Try to keep on keepin' on with your frugal ways and tell us all about your frugal wins for this past week!

Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. You are a money finding machine. OF course I don't get out shopping much here so pickings are slim. I love Kozy shack puddings, but I will eat the whole tub at once. No self control here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your son made you sleep on the sofa instead of using his bed??? that's super weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You along with a few other bloggers have talked about your greens/gardens growing. It's so exciting! Glad to hear yours is growing well. Sounds like you had a good and frugal week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kozy Shack is in Al too. However, I have never had any. Maybe I will if I can find those prices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your trip is wonderful and you are able to add to you found money collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A whole lot of nothing around here. I did go to the dentist for a routine cleaning on Thursday. All was well until the last 5 minutes. The dentist came in for the final check and whipped off his mask as soon as he was done looking directly in my mouth. Everyone else was double masked. I’m blaming him if I come down with the virus this week!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding coins; it still feels like a gift from the gods portending good fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  8. free and cheap are great - but I really and sincerely hope you get your weight down. Morbid obesity is a killer in america - and I hope you see this as encouragement that you CAN do it! and being at a healthy weight is NOT a bad thing. Enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.