Friday, May 29, 2020

Frugal Friday.......the May 29th Edition

Let's look at what passed for frugal this past week around Sluggy's World...............

* I broke down after 8 weeks of finding no yeast locally and ordered some(Thanks to Gerlyn for the link!).....


This the same brand I usually get at the Restaurant Supply Store here and I got it from Walmart dotcom.  Of course I paid a little more than usual but nowadays cost be damned! lol
I added sensitive band-aids for my HS flares for sensitive areas and this too to my order to get the free shipping........

8 cans of Hormel chili((Hubs and Ex-CB's favorite brand).  The chili was cheaper thaan buying it not on sale at Weis(PMITA)Markets.


* I found money!


A penny on the floor over in the pharmacy area..............



And then another penny in front of the register counter half tucked under the floor matt under the candy racks.

Total Found Money this Week.... .02¢
Total Found Money this Year........$45.20

*  I did some Rite-Aid shopping this week..............



Between two cards/accounts I spent down $4.17 in Bonus Cash.  See those Rite-Aid posts for the details.

*  I did some more grocery shopping to finish off the $10 Bloomin' Bonus Rebate on Ibotta.  I already had 1 item that qualified for both the $5 Essentials Bonus and this $10 Bonus so I needed 14 more items to hit that mark.
I was in Dollar Tree and was able to pick up 2 candy items for $2 total(for Ex-CB) and got back $1 in rebates total for those gave me 3 items toward the 15 needed.

I headed out to Walmart Thursday early when they weren't crowded yet and got all this to finish that deal.........

1 x Silk half & half $4.18(for Hubs)
1 x Capri Sun $2.22 (for Ex-CB)
1 x Lean Cuisine Bowl $2.47
1 x Pringles $1.44(for Ex-CB)
2 x FR sauce $2.48 total
1 x Challenge Butter $3.47
1 x Yogurt $1.24(for Hubs)
1 x Breakstone cottage cheese $3.14
1 x Rumma beef liver $2.82
1 x McCain's dippin wedges $2.48(for Ex-CB)
1 x Dave's English muffins $4.56
1 x Ballpark hot dogs $2.84

No coupons used so $33.34 Total OOP 

I earned back $11.34 plus 2 x .50¢ Bonus(May Level 1 and Dave's Brand)so $12.34 in rebates.
Total spent on all 15 items was $49.34($14 of that was ice cream cake)and I earned back $25.84($1 DT, $2.50 Weis, $12.34 Walmart+ $10 Bloomin' Bonus).
And the ice cream cake was bought for the cook-out so technically that didn't come out of the food budget but the take-out budget anyway. ;-)

After Ibotta rebates the total spending was $23.50.
I've earned $40.99 in rebates in May on Ibotta.  Not bad.

*  This arrived in the mail on Thursday as well.....


Two more $4 off $20 Qs-one for each of the cards I am currently using for our family(and for giveaway stuff).  Look for them if you are on Rite-Aid's mailing list.  They are good May 31st through June 27th.

That's about it for the report from here.


As much as possible during this insane time, stay frugal my friends.
Personally, I don't even want to add up my grocery spending this month....geez! ;-)

What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. That's great that you got yeast from Walmart.com. I didn't know they sold the big package. I know what you mean about higher prices these days. We are paying more online for items too.

    I've bought the Hormel chili online for my Mom too along with a lot of tuna and soup.

    We do not want to add up our groceries this month either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hubs has been gone so no grocery shopping or cooking. Wheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frugal wins? Are there frugal wins now? Certainly not with groceries, and for the moment Netflix and eating are all we are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice cream cake? Yum! I sold a few higher value items on eBay, found out we can get work reimbursement for office furniture, and already sent in my expense report. Leftovers & meals at home, minus a promised froyo & takeout lunch for the boys on the long weekend.

    Oh, and used a discount code at BevMo, for mojito fiixngs. But, the mint was from my garden, so that was at least cheap ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.