Friday, May 22, 2020

Frugal Friday....the May 22nd Edition

Looking around here and this is what we did that was thrifty this past week...........

 * Remember those two rotisserie chickens we bought last week for $3.99 each?


One was eaten that night for dinner plus we had leftover meat from it.  I also had a handful of red grapes getting long in the tooth in the produce drawer.
So we combined those with the chicken, a handful of pecans, chopped celery, salt, pepper and mayo to make Chicken Salad for lunch on Thursday.  We have enough left for 2 more lunches. go us!
No money spent and using up what we have.
The other rotisserie chicken is in the freezer to be remade into a dish another day. ;-)

* I found money!

This shiny dime greeted me on the floor in front of the register counter last Saturday at Rite-Aid.

Total $ Found This Week...... .10¢
Total $ Found So Far This Year.....$45.18

*  I already showed what I got at Rite-Aid last Saturday.........


Nothing spent OOP.

* I did a big shop at Weis this week too.  Here are the best deals I got........


These 1 lb. bags of Carolina Blend rice(Jasmine and Long Grain)were on clearance 50% off for $1.25 each.


I got there just after the meat guy put out a gazillion 1 lb. packs of grass-fed ground beef.  They all had $3 off instant stickers on them so instead of $5.99 per 1 lb. they were $2.99 per lb.  The regular Weis beef was $6.29 per lb. so I scooped up 5 of those grass-fed packs at that price!
I also found ground turkey 1 lb. packs with $2 off instant stickers on them so instead of the sale price of $3.99 they were $1.99 each!


I found two of these Oikos blue label yogurt cups on quick sale for 50% off at .50¢ each.  I only have a photo of one because Hubs ate the other one already....this is the man who NEVER eats yogurt!  lol
I also used a .65¢/1 Oikos blue label IPQ which fully doubled to $1.30 off so I got paid .30¢ to bring these yogurts home. ;-)

And all this was bought for the Ibotta weekly Buy 8 items/Get $5 Back Offer.
There are only 7 items because they didn't have anything else I wanted at that Weis that qualified.
I'll get a Carvel ice cream Cake later today at my Weis to finish off this deal.
$28.83 spent plus another $14 after $3 Q for the ice cream cake for the cookout=$42.83.
I'll get back $8.05 for these 7 items plus another $2.60($2.50 cake, .10¢ any bag of chips I plan to buy for the cookout)and $5 for buying 8 items.
$42.83 spent, $15.65 back(plus 2 Giveaway entries on Ibotta)=$27.18 OOP on all this and an outrageously priced ice cream cake. ;-)
*  The only shoes that fit my wide feet are Easy Spirits.  They use to have outlets all over the place were I could get them for cheap but alas! All around here(Rehoboth DE and Reading PA)have closed up so I am reduced to buying them online.
My every day shoes are about shot so it was time to bite the bullet and buy some shoes.  They had a Mother's Day Sale(30% off even the sale priced pairs)plus free shipping so I ordered 8 pairs.  6 arrived(the new to me sandals didn't fit right so they are going back in the mail)but they didn't ship the last two pair I ordered(they were mauve!).  I checked my c/c balance and there is now a $96.60 credit on my card for the 2 pair they never shipped.  I suppose they were out but Easy Spirit never emailed me about it, just gave me back the credit.  asshats! So I am out $227.50 for 5 pairs of new shoes(3 clogs and 2 slip-on sandals).  I got a good deal and I can throw out 4 pairs of shoes now and won't need to buy shoes again for 2 years.


*  I had Hubs go up to Price Chopper Thursday and buy 3 lobsters.  They had a flyer Q to get it for $5.77 lb.  A great buy but lobster at any price is far from a cheap dinner.  We paired it with corn on the cob for $1 for 6 ears(another flyer Q)which was inedible unfortunately.  They will be getting an email over that wasted $1. ;-) But the lobster was yummy and bonus--Ex-College Boy didn't want his so I get to eat that leftover one for dinner tonight on Fend for Yourself Night....woohoo!

That's about it for  me this week other than watching lots of shows on Roku and Amazon for free and some book reading for entertainment.


What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?



Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I only wear Easy Spirit shoes these days. They are the only brand of shoes that I have found that I can walk in comfortably.You really did find a good sales price for your recent buy. Penny S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I know my size in SAS, I can buy online and cheaper. I even found a pair on ebay that were a half size smaller, which I think is the size I need and 1/4 the price, same style I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kroger finally brought back the buy 5, save $5 deals. It included a bunch of stuff on my list and some were even Ibotta rebates. $13.50 from Ibotta after weeks of nothing!

    I filled my car with gas the week before spring break and it still has a full tank. I drove Zima cat to the vet for a new blood sugar monitor on Thursday when I noticed this. It was really weird to drive for the first time in months.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.