Monday, February 10, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The "A Great Chicken Buy" Edition................


At Weis on Friday I found chickens marked down to .99¢ a lb.(not that great a deal)but with $3 off instant stickers on them(sell by date of 2/8).  They were each $6+ so these two were specifically just under .52¢ per lb. after the stickers.
Nice.

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning-

This is what was planned for last week.......

1. Sunday--Fajitas
2. Monday--Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--FFY
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?  maybe Take-Out? Who Knows?

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Fajitas
2. Monday--Corned Beef, Cabbage
3. Tuesday--Chicken Pasta Casserole
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-Out Soup
6. Friday--TV Dinners(I had a turkey one)
7. Saturday--FFY(I had Jello)

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY or TV dinners, and 1 night of Eating Out/Take-Out(lots of Hot and Sour Soup!). 

Everything was fine until Wednesday when Hubs and I got hit with some cold/flu bug.  Then it was Fend for Yourself of sick foods like soup, applesauce, hot tea, mashed potatoes, jello etc.
I hit Weis on Friday and Dollar General on Saturday(for the clearance sale)and I relapsed. So stupid! ugh.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 3 bags of Pierogies
* 1 can OJ concentrate
* 1 bag of French Fries
* 1 TV dinner
* 2 Asian frozen dinners

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
*  1.5 bags of frozen cooked Chicken Strips
*  half a bag of Pepper Strips
*  1 hunk of Corned Beef
*  the Chicken Casserole Bake

Lots of spending this past week in the amount of $161.98(Bread Outlet/Weis x 2/Price Chopper/Walmart x 2-but small shops) brings my February Grand Total spending on food to $199.10 so far.

My savings percentage last week was 47.07%(without Rite-Aid trips)and February's monthly savings total comes in at 46.34%(w/out R-A).  

I have 19 more food shopping/spending days in February.

Leftovers going into this week.....Baked Beans, Corned Beef.  I didn't cook much so not a lot of leftovers.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Roast Chicken, Stuffing(for some), Carrots
2. Monday--Beef Pie(at least for some of us)
3. Tuesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Sausage, Salad, Garlic Bread
4. Wednesday--Doing something with the leftover roast Chicken?
5. Thursday--TV dinners in the freezer?
6. Friday--Leftovers?
7. Saturday--Leftovers?

What needs buying for this menu? I also bought a big pack of 93% Ground Beef at Weis so hamburgers and Beef Pie will happen(and the rest goes into the freezer).
The rest of the week will depend on whether I feel like cooking and who feels like eating "real food" or not. lolz
I made a trip to Urgent Care on Sunday, got some meds and will be up to eating again soon.  Hubs and Ex-CB are feeling better than I am at this point so need feeding. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. The bugs that people are getting need to just run their course. I keep hearing over and over again about people relapsing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found chickens like that and I roasts them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great deal on the chickens. I love finding mark downs on meat like that. I'm sorry you and hubs have been sick. Jello is a great thing to eat when sick. It's good and cold and refreshing. I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon. My coworkers were impressed with my prize pack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chickens were a great deal. Hope you are doing a little better everyday. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.