Friday, February 28, 2020

Frugal Friday....the February 28th Edition

Checking in on the frugal stuff from last week and here we go!


* I got the Weis freebie last Friday.........


A box of pasta.
Always a popular item with my Hubs! lolz


*  I made $5.07 in Ibotta rebates since last Friday. See a previous post on that.  8-)))

* The best deals found at Weis(PMITA)Markets this past week...........








$46.07 paid OOP for all, $5.07 earned on Ibotta(3 x .97¢ cup o noodles, 2 x $1 Cottonelle, .10¢ any item).

* I've earned $91.44 in Ibotta rebates in February and only spent $406.39 OOP.  Not bad, huh?

* I found money!


This penny by the self-checkout in Weis last Friday.


This shiny fellow at Rite-Aid on Saturday near the register.


This dime tried to avoid capture also at Rite-Aid on Saturday back in the Pharmacy area.  It was on the floor behind the holder thing with the handheld shopping baskets in it.  But I spied Frankie there and took him home with me!


This penny was found in the foyer, near the gumball machines, of the Hibachi restaurant where we took Ex-College Boy for his birthday meal out on Monday.

And these two pennies were found in the self-checkout area(one in front of the machine next to the one I used and the other tucked beside my machine between the small waste basket next to that register and behind a display rack at the entrance to that area.


Total Found Money this week...... .15¢
Total Found Money this year.......$42.91


* Speaking of eating out, here's a tip.  Go out to lunch instead of dinner to save money.  We wanted to do an early dinner for Ex-College Boy's birthday meal out.  We didn't realize it but they have the hibachi thing on their lunch meal for about HALF of what they charge during dinner hours.  I figured you'd get about half the amount of food(which would have been fine with me)so I told Hubs to ask about getting the dinner size portion for him and EX-CB when the waitress came to take our order.
But of course he didn't ask so we all got the lunch hibachi.
Turns out it's basically the same amount of food(just a few less pieces of whatever protein/meat you choose).


You can see the full plate Ex-CB had.  He was wondering why I was taking his picture while he tried to eat. lolz
The meal also came with the regular salad and miso soup too so other than the price being lower nothing different from dinner time so it was a DEAL!
We'll be going there for lunch now instead of dinner(and it's not crazy crowded either midday like at night).
I saved about $40 on this one meal going during lunch service.


That's about it for me this past week as I stayed home besides going to Weis and Rite-Aid.  I'll be going to R-A today and/or Saturday to do my weekly deals there as it's 30% discount off reg. retail there this Fri./Sat. so those deals will go on next Friday's post.


Any frugal wins in your world this past week?

Sluggy


3 comments:

  1. We have so many restaurants that have such good lunch deals, or happy hour deals, it makes going out at traditional dinner hours rough. Now that I'm trying to do intermittent fasting, I find I am quite hungry by lunch time anyway, but not so much at supper-so this works well for me that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boring box just arrived! Little Dexter is already enjoying a hair tie that he didn’t even have to steal out of my hair. 😁

    Found leftover work event food as I was leaving today. Turned around and filled plates with hummus, pita, bagels and cashew cheese. I rigged up containers with paper plates and tape. Really should keep some large ziplock bags in my desk.

    But the best deal of all was finding another employee that could use the carpool permit option. Her husband mostly drives her to and from so she only needed the 10 one day permits. I kept my regular permit but the price dropped from $48 per month to $21! Yes, university parking sucks but this was still exciting.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. My husband is digging through the box and just inhaled a candy bar and some truffles. This apparently calls for a weekend off his recent low sugar healthy diet.

    And I finally thought of something to send as a thank you for all the fun stuff. An Amazon mystery package should arrive on Sunday.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.