Friday, February 14, 2020

Frugal Friday....the February 14th Edition

Another loop around to see what frugal wins we had this past week at Chez Sluggy...........

*  I got the Weis(PMITA)Markets Freebie last Friday............

A bottle of hot sauce.
Yep, this will be used. ;-)

*  I forgot to mention on last week's FF post that I had done the Weis Pepsi-Fritos-Lay Super Bowl Deal from the previous week of "Spend $25 on select P/F-L items, Get a $5 OYNO Catalina".  The Cat didn't print on the transaction that hit the $25 mark, so I got this instead at the Customer Service desk.............


It's now tucked into my refund/rebate/post coupon envie to put toward the food budget later this year.

*  I found a bunch of clearance at Dollar General last weekend.........

 All this chili came out of the food monies at .39¢ a can.

And a few things among all these toiletries also got applied to the food/toiletries spending.  The rest will be gifts, for giveaways or I might sell some of them locally once the Holidays roll around this year. ;-)

* I found money!


At the Dollar General I hit on Saturday in town.  2 pennies and 1 dime all found in different parts of the store on the floor.


And 2 pennies at the DG I hit on Saturday South of town.  One found inside and one found on the sidewalk out front.


And this pitifully rock salt encrusted penny(bet you couldn't tell it IS a penny!lol)outside the building at Rite-Aid when I went to get my drugs there for this sinus/ear gunk infection on Sunday.

I found 2 pennies when I went back to Rite-Aid to return and buy different make-up items on Tuesday...........



Both were near the check-outs.

Then at Weis(PMITA)Markets afterwards I found these 2 pennies wedged into the scanning machine at the self-checkout.................

At least I didn't have to bend over to score these two. lolz

On Wednesday I went out for awhile to hit some stores.............


I found this penny on the floor at Aldi's by the shelf where you bag your groceries.



I found 3 pennies in or outside of Walmart. (1 inside the store by a display, 1 by the soda machine outside the door and 1 next to my car in the parking lot.)

I also found another penny at Ollie's(Good Stuff Cheap!)..........


This was on the floor by the check-out register.  I saw 10 customers step over/on it while checking out before it was my turn to pick it up! lolz

Total Found Money this Week.... .20¢
Total Found Money for 2020......$42.62

*  I got all this from Rite-Aid this past week.........

Returned the 2 eye brow pencils pictured above and bought these 2.......


Spent $30.36 in BC and free gift card scrip.
Earned $24 in new BC.
I also earned .45¢ in Ibotta rebates on sll this(.25¢ Dunkin Coffee, .20¢ Buy Any Item).

*  I needed a phone case for my new phone(we changed phone companies thus new phone).  Instead of paying $20+ in the store for one I liked I ordered this one through Amazon............

of course, it's Purple!!! lolz  
And I used a piece of an Amazon gift card(that was a gift)so free.

*  Hubs and I went out to lunch on Thursday to Bob Evan's.  I got my big salad with chicken and Hubs also got a big salad.  I almost fell over when he ordered one as he NEVER does. *thud*

I used a $5 off wyspend $25 Q which covered the tip.  The waitress also gave me a full to-go cup of iced tea when I asked for a cup to take the rest of my tea refill home.  A cup and a refill in the restaurant plus a full to-go cup of tea meant my $2.79 tea cost less than $1 a cup in the end.  ;-)

*  Best deals last week..............

Marked down whole roaster chickens with $3 off instant discount stickers as well, made the cost less than .52¢ a lb.
Then there was all this at Weis(PMITA)Markets....

 And all this at Walmart........

After Ibotta rebates I "spent" $14.90 w/sales tax for all that.


On Wednesday I bought what's pictured above at a different Weis that's larger than ours.
All these items(plus a second package of Ball jars I forgot to put in the photo)gave me a total of $8.75 in Ibotta rebates($1 Spaghettios, 2 x $1.25 Ball jars, .50¢ Propel water, .75¢ Musselman's, 4 x $1 Oral-B toothbrushes). I also earned the .50¢ Feb. Level 1 Bonus and the $10 Cupid Love Bonus so $19.25 back in rebate monies.

$15.56 OOP after $9 in ManuQs(well $7.56 really because the ball jars don't come out of the food budget) so after sales/Qs/rebates I spent negative $11.69 on all this. 8-)))

The best were the toothbrushes that were on sale for $1.89 each, gave $1 Ibotta rebate cred each and there was a $6/4 Crest items Weis digital Q!
$7.96-$6Q=$1.96-$4 Ibotta rebate= -$2.44. for the toothbrushes. 8-)))

That's about all I can remember frugal that happened last week.


Any frugal wins in your world lately?
Tell us all about it!

                                                       
Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. To what do you attribute the salad ordered by Hubs? I am amazed by the money you find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still baffled by the salad order. He is not a salad eater...maybe in hot weather on occasion but as a main entree? Never!

      Delete
  2. I swear, you are so far ahead of me it is an aggravation. save one of those eye pencils for me so I can poke your eye out....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best deal I had this week is coffee and creamer. Otherwise, everything else is a bust. So tired of figuring out the best deals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely have a hawk eye!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m tagging along on a friend’s trip to FL next month. I’ll help with gas and offered to pay a portion of the condo rental. Already a super cheap trip but just cashed out Ibotta for $250.89. Thanks for introducing me to this free source of cash!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.