Friday, January 31, 2020

Frugal Friday.........the January 31st Edition

Here's a recap of what frugal goodness we experienced this past week here around Chez Sluggy........

*  I got the Weis(PMITA)Freebie..........



A 2 liter of soda.  As you can see by the time I got around to taking a photo of the bottle Ex-College Boy had polished it off. lolz


*  When Hubs and I went to the Big Lots 20% everything in the store sale 2 weekends ago the receipt spit out a coupon for $10 a $50 purchase(basically 20% off your $50 purchase)which was good until 1/30/2020(not the one pictured).
So I hit Big Lots when I went out on Thursday and found $50 worth of housewares/dog stuff(nothing that would count toward my food/toiletries spending tho)that came to $50.39.(You KNOW I used a calculator to get it that close to $50, right? lolz)
After $2.43 in sales tax and the $10 off I paid $42.82 for needed items.

*  The rebates just seemed to roll in this past week...........


This $10 debit card was from buying Clairol items at R-A in early December.


This $20 debit card was from the "Spend $50/Get $20 Visa card" Deal at R-A from earlier in January.


And the $1.99 check was from Andes mints from December from that manufacturer.  I forgot to take a photo of the check before I cashed this and tucked the monies into my "refund/rebate/post Q" envelope for 2020.

I am still waiting on one more mail-in rebate, a $15 debit card from PandG.



* I earned $9.05 in Ibotta rebates this past week, all at Rite-Aid.  It's funny how if you don't buy stuff at the grocery store the Ibotta rebates don't happen other than a 10¢ for buying "anything" one now and again. ;-)


*  I brought all this home from Rite-Aid on Tuesday and grew my Bonus Cash by .75¢ in the process.............


I went back on Thursday and brought all this home too.........


Same "Spend $30/Get $10 BC" Deal. Subtotaled $32.66($29.95 of it counted toward the Deal and I had credit toward the $30 leftover from the previous purchase).
I used $18.50 in various Qs so $14.16 + .23 tax=$14.39 OOP paid in BC.  Since I only have $13.75 in BC on the card I put the last .64¢ on one of my free R-A gift cards.  I earned back $10 BC and $2 more in Ibotta rebates for the toothbrushes.
The Biscoff cookies gave overage(20% disc. made them $2.71 and the Q was $3/1)so that helped me lower by .29¢ what I owed on the Deal items.

I've got $14 in BC over 3 cards left and I don't have to worry about rolling any of it until at least 2/19/20. rah.

Total "spent" at R-A this week on 2 shops.......$23.64
Total BC earned......$20.00
Total Ibotta rebates earned....$3.00
Not a bad week.

* We have hit our $4K deductible for 2020 on our insurance before the end of January.  A $3,378 charge for a Humira order(plus the cost of an eye injection for Hubs in Jan.)will do that for ya!
Go. me.
Having to pay $4K OOP(our high deductible went from $3K to $4K this year)on medical stuff isn't frugal but for the rest of 2020, our various medical costs will look sane again.  So sad though that TWO charges can amount to that kind of money!

*  I found money!!!


A penny in the parking lot next to my car tire when I got out of my car last Friday at Rite-Aid.


Later at Weis this quarter was lying under the self-check out machine I used to get my freebie bottle of soda.

I was visiting with my friend at Rite-Aid in their break room on Sunday while she had her lunch and this change was scattered all over the floor in there.  It's probably all the young'uns that work there that don't value coins we agreed.  They drop money and just leave it.  If they can't be bothered with it, all the better for me!
I'll have to hang out in the R-A break room more often! lolz


On Tuesday I had to go to Dollar Tree to get my brother a birthday card and I spied this penny sitting next to the register/counter that was closed as I walked into the store.

Later on, while I was in the back of the store by the refrigerated cases I heard a horrible racket up front and I spied the employees dragging the bubble gum machines across the floor to a new location closer to the front door.
After I checked out I casually walked over to where the machines had been and saw this penny sitting on the floor there.


As I picked up that penny I glanced a foot away to where some boxes of merch were yet to be unpacked and saw something shiny between the stack of boxes and the wall.  Reached my hand in there and out came this George Washington!

On Thursday I went to Gabe's to have a look around..........


I haven't been in there since Kim and Sissie came here for my birthday and I took them there.......


Well I am telling you it PAYS to go down the clearance aisles!  Over near where this photo above was taken in 2019 I looked down and found this on the floor..........


.16¢ in coins
I didn't purchase anything in that store so yay me!

Total found money for the week.......  .82¢
Total found money for the year so far.... $2.30



As always stay frugal my friends and tell us about your money wins this past week!


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. I am convinced that any place you look is a good place to find money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, those 2 medical costs are outrageous! At least you've now hit the deductible. Great money finds - I almost never find money on the ground in Canada, can't remember the last time. Mom found a loonie ($1) a few months ago. Our smallest coin is the nickel since they stopped making pennies several years ago. Perhaps it is just enough to make people pick it up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I found $2.00 cleaning the car does that count? Miss you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite store had a great sale on bulk items, so I picked up sugar, salt, beans and whey protein. They also had a sale on chicken, eggs, and various produce. I always get my coffee at Trader Joes, and they have the best deal on Keurig pods, and I drink only one cup a day. One box lasts two weeks. I was also gifted some coffee beans, and so I can grind those for French press. I am set for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you considered getting a job at rite aid?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.