Friday, January 17, 2020

Frugal Friday....the January 17th Edition

A quick look at what passed for frugal this past week around Chez Sluggy.....

* I got the Weis Freebie item last week--

Or rather Hubs got the freebie as I sent him to Weis. lol  Cotton swabs are always useful so heck yeah!!

* I went to pick-up an item I ordered from Kohl's--



I had $10 in Kohl's Cash that had to be used before we went to Louisiana so I ordered a bra and did a store pick-up so no shipping.  It came in after we got home.
Total OOP was $7.99 after sale/Q/K-Cash for a Playtex 18 hour bra.  Nice.

*  After we got home from Louisiana I got a $10 Yes2You Reward as well from Kohl's in my email.

Hubs and I went in the store and checked out the clearance stuff.  I can't show what I got as family reads this here blog sometimes(when they are really bored!).  I picked up a big gift and 2 small gifts for a grand total OOP of $4.31(including .08¢ tax)after K-Cash, 15% off Q and clearance deals.

* I earned .10¢ on Ibotta this past week. Oooooo!

*  Best deals of the week............


 Free after sales/Qs/Bonus Cash toothbrushes at Rite-Aid.


And 6 pork chops for $1.66 OOP at Weis.

* I picked up Domino's on Wednesday when I went out to Weis at lunch time.  I ate some of my pizza for lunch and Hubs reheated his for dinner.  It seems tomato recipes no longer like me at dinner time(have to limit acidic foods to before 4 pm or I get bad heartburn at night)but I still can eat these foods earlier in the day.
What made this frugal?  I used a long ago paid for gift card so no OOP.

* I found some money!


A penny in the R-A parking lot last Saturday.  I opened my car door and there it sat right next to the car.

On Wednesday I went to Weis(PMITA)Markets and used my favorite self check-out to ring out.
Lookie what someone left me there............

.31¢ left in the machine change return that came home with me.
Found Change total this week...... .32¢.
Found Change total for the year..... .83¢

That's about it for this past week.  Otherwise I've been staying home, cleaning, de-cluttering, getting Giveaway Boxes ready, doing end of year paperwork and loving on my doggies.


What frugal wins did y'all have this week?
Tell us all about it!

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. New person here and I wasn't bored. Live in the middle of the country so no Weis in my area. I'm a small time couponer and I love found money but what does OOP stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy weekend.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Difficult (to near impossible!) to find change under all our snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about found money, I found 3.65 in lost changes during my travels. Not too shabby!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.