Monday, July 8, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table


The "12 Boxes of Open Crackers" Edition................


As mentioned in my To-Do List post, here are 10 of the 12 opened boxes of crackers I found lurking in the kitchen pantry.
Who opens three more Ritz cracker boxes when there is already one open?!?
A "not-paying-attention-because-their-mind-is-elsewhere-20-something" would be my answer. lolz

Besides repurposing crackers, since getting home we are back on top of the food waste issue. ;-)

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--tv dinners lurking in the freezer
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, Broccoli
3. Tuesday--Meatloaf, something green, Rice
4. Wednesday--BLTs
5. Thursday--Hamburgers on buns, Pasta/Veggie Salad
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--tv dinners lurking in the freezer
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, Broccoli
3. Tuesday--Meatloaf, Corn
4. Wednesday--Hamburgers on buns, Pasta/Veggie Salad
5. Thursday--Fend For Yourself
6. Friday--BLTs
7. Saturday--Pizza(take-out)

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/ffy/tv dinners, and 1 night of Eating Out/Take-Out. 

Everything planned was eaten but not on the day planned sometimes.
We got pizza on Saturday too and that wasn't planned.  I hurt my back so I tried to do things easy last week(or had Hubs help with dinner).

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* ground beef/turkey meatballs

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.....
* 2 TV dinners
* a bag of corn
* Breaded Chicken Patties

More got used in the freezer except the 3 bags of meatballs took up the same amount of room that was made in there last week. lolz

A small trip to the Bread Outlet($5.50), onions and ground beef at Maine Source($30.71)and a trip to Target(using gift cards $4.41 OOP)brought the weekly spending to $40.62 and my July total to $40.62 so far.

My savings percentage last week was 71.06%(without Rite-Aid trips)and July's monthly savings total comes in at 71.06%(w/out R-A). 

I have 23 more food shopping/spending days in July.  

Leftovers going into this week.....chili, meatloaf, pasta/veggie salad and pizza.  That's it.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Caesar Salad
2. Monday--Leftovers, Spinach Souffle
3. Tuesday--Beef Pie
4. Wednesday--Fish, Cole Slaw, Sweet Potato Wedges
5. Thursday--Hot Dogs on Buns(or not), Pasta/Veggie Salad
6. Friday--Risotto w/Chicken and Veggies
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.

What needs buying for this menu?
Fish(for 1 meal)and carrots(for Cole Slaw and Beef Pie).  Price Chopper has haddock on special this week so I'll be going there on Tuesday to do some shopping.
Since I'll spend at least $15 on the fish I'll pick up the loss leaders/PC coupon items too if they are something we can use.  If carrots are too high there I'll either hit Malacari's produce or Weis(PMITA)Markets as well. I want to stay between $50-$70 this week on grocery shopping.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

6 comments:

  1. I haven't been planning much or at all really this summer, but I need to this week!

    Yesterday no one really felt like eating. The heat and humidity is really getting to us. Today will be leftovers and lazy Italian roast beef sandwiches. Tomorrow is Dress Like a Cow day at Chickfila so we will take advantage of that promo. Wednesday and Thursday I will be travelling for work. I plan on making some assorted things for a few pasta meals. I will pre-make noodles, meatballs and chicken. There will be jarred red and alfredo sauce as well as shredded cheese. They can make garlic bread if they want. Meatball sandwiches would be another option. Plus we have lunch meat and plenty of frozen stuff on hand. They will only starve if they are lazy! Maybe fish on Friday. Dinner at my dad's Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I did laugh when I saw the cracker boxes. I can understand having different types opened, but I am pretty sure I see 3 boxes of opened Ritz. Since I lived in a totally male family I understand the difficulty in moving something in the pantry to find the opened box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I have the same problem, but with cereal and chips. Why can NO ONE eat the same kind of chips/cereal until they are gone and THEN open another one?

    We have about 8 different boxes of cereal open and maybe 5 different bags of chips. I've started spending a little more and buying the lunch-size bags of chips because I was spending so much on the chips & they were going stale (except the flavor I like, then EVERYONE wants to eat them)!

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made pasta salad and two pizzas on Sunday. Sandwiches after we run out of leftovers. No more cooking for me in this nasty weather!

    All leftovers from the previous week were gone by Sunday morning so the low cooking method means no food waste. Eat it or be hungry works. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I will be having a chicken sandwich at Chic Fil A tomorrow. I feel too bad to shop, so chicken and cole slaw are a constant every day plus a few fast food sandwiches. I will start tonight on eating all the food in refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not much around here. I am too tired to cook or anything. It's been salads and hard boiled eggs. Okay... going to bed.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.