Friday, July 26, 2019

Frugal Friday....the July 26th Edition

Well not much frugal went on this past week.

* No freebie from Weis(PMITA)Markets(it was ice pops), no money found(I saw a penny by the vending machines at the HS clinic appointment in Hershey but I didn't get a chance to pick it up)and I showed all the shopping at Rite-Aid this week already plus all the discount outlet food shopping I did.






 I got the $2 rebate from SavingStar on the cookies already so I am down $7.96 in BC for all the above.

* I received $4.80 and am still waiting on another $1 in Ibotta rebates the last 2 weeks.


* I froze 2 quart bags of hot dog chili from the cookout to use another time so avoided waste there. No photo of that.

* I received this in the mail........


Evidently our medical provider did an audit of their books from 2016 and they found I had overpaid on a co-pay during THIS allergic reaction episode from October back in 2016.  So they sent me the amount on a Debit card.
I can request a check for the amount instead and deposit that into our bank account but since it's for $100 I'll just put it away with all my other "found" monies (rebates/postQ$/refunds)and put it toward the grocery/toiletry spending at the end of the year.
That was a nice little surprise that brightened my day, huh? ;-)

* This is what got picked from the garden this past week..........



1 Head of Cauliflower and 3 more heads of Broccoli.  The Cauliflower got roasted and served with Beer Brats this week and some of the Broccoli got put into a Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole(the rest got tucked into the freezer).
We need to pick the last Broccoli and a couple more Cauliflower heads this weekend.

* Hubs and I had lunch at Chili's after my Dr. appt. Thursday in Hershey.  I used an old gift card to pay and we both got the $8 lunch combo deals so there is tons left on that gift card.

That's all I got this week.  Not much.
Just a whole lot of staying home, trying to work on projects around the house.



How has your frugal week been?

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. I'm a teacher and parents give me gift cards for Christmas, teacher appreciation, end of year gift, etc. I save the cards for usage in the summer when I don't have a paycheck. This really helps the summer budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent way of telling, and fastidious article to take facts
    on the topic of my presentation subject, which i am going to deliver in college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no clothes for fall since my size has changed. I don't want to spend much money so I am looking for a minimal wardrobe to get me through fall and winter. Found a 9.95 cent dress, a 20 dollar blazer, and a 15 dollar sweater with free shipping. Will make a couple of skirts to go with the sweater and blazer from fabric on hand, and can possibly alter a couple of pairs of pants enough that they will kind of fit. I am on the lookout for a few more basic pieces to have enough to get through the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. $100 is quite a refund from the dr's office... that's a big over pay! Shame on them... lol... but good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I am surprised they would reimburse. 100 bucks is nothing to sneeze at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Biggest one is finding a new job. Less stress and it even comes with a raise!

    But the fun one is a free box of wine from Kroger. Didn’t notice until I was home that I wasn’t charged and no way am I going back to stand in that customer service line. Taking it with me to a pool party this afternoon!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.