Monday, June 3, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table


The "It's Going" Edition........




Another typical plate of food for me on this Elimination Diet last week.
ugh.
I am so over potatoes now. lolz
Except for that lunch out last Thursday we have stuck to this plan.  Except I can't just eat potatoes after three days as they give me diarhhea(TMI, sorry).

We are up to adding in potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, cucumber, onion, corn, lettuce, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, cantaloupe, mushrooms, hummus, olive oil, tuna, chicken(white meat)and beef(ground and steak).  I ate some crackers the other day too but that was "my bad".
So far nothing is making my HS flare, even the tomatoes(nightshade).  Adding back bread and pasta will be a test for the HS symptoms.
Adding in cabbage later today.
Oh goody!

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Brats w/Onions, Corn on Cob, Cukes in Vinegar, Potato Salad, Peach Cobbler
2. Monday--Steak, Grilled Asparagus, leftover Potato Salad
3. Tuesday--Fettuccine Alfredo w/Chicken(I'll have Chicken on Salad)
4. Wednesday--Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes
5. Thursday--Sourdough Grilled Sandwiches, leftover sides
6. Friday--Roasted Turkey Breast, Stuffing or Potatoes, Green Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--?

And this is what actually happened--(everyone else here not me after Tuesday)

1. Sunday--Brats w/Onions, Corn on Cob, Cukes in Vinegar, Potato Salad, Peach Cobbler
2. Monday--Steak, Grilled Asparagus, leftover Potato Salad
3. Tuesday--Fettuccine Alfredo w/Chicken(I had Salad w/Chicken)
4. Wednesday--FFY(I had leftover Steak and Salad)
5. Thursday--FFY(I had Hummus, Crackers, Cukes)
6. Friday--Meatloaf, Sugar Snap Peas, (Hubs had Mac and Cheese too)
7. Saturday--FFY(I had Salad)

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 0 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out. 
With EX-CB working again he hasn't been eating much here and I've been doing my Elimination Diet thing so Hubs still has tons of leftovers this week.  We didn't need to make the corned beef or the roast turkey yet so those move to this coming week(or will stay in the freezer a bit longer).

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* 7.21 lbs. ground beef
* 1 pack of brats

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.....
* bag of roast chicken strips
* 2 lbs. ground beef
* 2 steaks
* 1 pack of brats
* 1 box of corn dogs(Ex-CB)

A small trip to Weis  and a trip to Maines brought the food/toiletries spending last week to $77.39 and my June total to $77.39.

My savings percentage last week was 49.66%(without Rite-Aid trips)and June's monthly savings total came to 49.66%(w/out R-A). 

I have 27 more food shopping/spending days in June.

Leftovers going into this week.....fettuccine Alfredo w/chicken.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--FFY
2. Monday--Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes
3. Tuesday--Beef Pie
4. Wednesday--Roasted Turkey Breast, Stuffing or Potatoes, Broccoli
5. Thursday--Sourdough Grilled Sandwiches(cheese, blt, Rueben or turkey)and ?
6. Friday--Tacos
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 5 new meals cooked(if I feel like it), 2 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.

What needs buying for this menu? Nothing at all.  I loaded up on fresh veg last week at the restaurant supply store and I am trying to eat down the freezer/pantry here.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

14 comments:

  1. We have a lot of chicken and it needs cooking up to make room in my freezer for bags of prepared Sloppy Joes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That diet sounds awful. I had to eliminate all nightshade one summer, but it does not cause my arthritis to flare, so I eat what I want. Donut....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "if I feel like it" codicil. I find during the summer I feel very unlike cooking, or even eating (though you would never know by looking at me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone likes to seek out special on Power drinks (diet). I can't keep tabs when it is a good time to buy any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 49 ounce cans of Del Monte Freestone peaches are still on sale 4/$5 until Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, are you allergic to potatoes? Diarrhea is an allergic reaction in my body.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent way of explaining, and nice piece of writing to take information on the topic
    of my presentation topic, which i am going to present in college.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When some one searches for his required thing,
    so he/she needs to be available that in detail, thus that
    thing is maintained over here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this website provides quality dependent content and extra data, is there any
    other web page which presents such things in quality?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
    Short but very precise info? Thank you for sharing this one.
    A must read article!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some times its a pain in the ass to read what people wrote but this site is rattling user friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just couldn't depart your web site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed
    the standard information an individual provide for your guests?

    Is going to be back regularly in order to investigate cross-check new posts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, I've just been looking for information about this subject for a long time and yours
    is the best I've discovered till now. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you
    sure concerning the source?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you really know what you are speaking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =).
    We may have a link alternate agreement among us

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.