Thursday, June 20, 2019

Frugal Friday......the June 21st Edition

Here's the awesomeness we call "frugal" that happened at Chez Sluggy and on the road this past week...............

*  I got the Weis(PMITA)Markets Friday Freebie last week........


A full sized (52 oz.)bottle of Weis brand OJ.
That was a really nice one for a change!

*  I got a LOT of free(except for tax)Kokie nail polish last week..  I think the final count was 18 bottles?



The Spend $12/Get $6 BC Deal stopped working on Thursday at my store but I called them on Friday and got the $6 BC on Daughter's card to work.  I bought 6 more between the 2 other cards after that on Saturday and the Deal didn't work on either of those cards then but I didn't call about those bottles.  Might when I get back or I might just return them.

*  We found cheap for MA gas on Monday driving up to see my cousin.
The Sunoco was $2.71 a gallon and with our gas card Hubs got another .05¢ off a gallon.
Last gas I got at home was $2.84 and we saw $2.79 when we left town there.
We'll take it!

* I found money!


On Tuesday I found a penny at Mardens in Sanford ME and another penny at Rite-Aid in Ogunquit ME.  The Marden's penny was an easy pick-up by the register as we were leaving the store.  The Rite-Aid penny was wedged between the trash can and the smoking butt station outside the door in front.  I couldn't get my arm in between or move the containers(both very big and heavy)so I used one of the make-up brushes on the way out to stick in there(in the package!)to move it to where I could reach it.  Of course some strange old man was just loitering by the trash can when I came out(not throwing anything away)so I had an audience while I bent down to do this.  He seemed fascinated so at least I could entertain the old coot! lolz

*  We stayed with my cousin on the first night of this trip.  She lives in a resort town where accommodations are NOT inexpensive in the season so we didn't have to shell out lots of money for a motel/hotel.  We went out to dinner and they picked up the bill(as we had picked it up last Fall when we took them out to dinner).  The best part was spending time with this cousin. ;-)

*  I got almost free(wish I had that Q!)deodorant and then better than free make-up brushes at Rite-Aid this week...........well the deo was free too because I "spent" Bonus Cash for it.



*  Father's Day was spent at home grilling steaks and making sides for my Hubs.
You won't see us going out to dinner on holidays like this.  Yes, we spend money eating out on Birthdays usually but I don't eat out on those holidays were there is a "special" limited menu or a set dinner so that everyone's meal is the same price.  The meal you get may be worth what you are expected to pay but the service is shitty as the waitstaff is overworked and overwhelmed on this shifts plus the kitchen staff is just trying to keep up cranking out what may not be their best work plus the crowds(need I say more?)so yah, that's why we stay home.

*  We fit some frugal shopping into this vacation(of course she did you are all thinking in your heads).


I left these slug/snail decorative watering cans on the shelf  however.  I'll report in next week on what we picked up on this trip. ;-)

*  Going to Porcfest, while not a cheap action(spending money to take a trip)we tried to do it in a frugal manner.
I booked our motel stay through Booking(dot)com.  They sent me a special offer(book a stay and get a rebate), plus I went through a rebate site to reserve the room.  I have an account w/them and they send me another % off in addition on the room. Granted, go through Booking I was limited to motels they deal with but even so among the 3 motels/hotels nearby I could choose from I booked the cheapest one(and it was cheaper through Booking).  It was the most basic motel of motel but we were only sleeping there and not spending time at the motel.  Too much other stuff to do!!

We also bought our Porcfest tickets early and got a $30 discount that way too. Spend $50 during the Early Bird period and don't pay $80. '-)




*  I got some free swag at Porcfest!
Haven't even gone through the few things in the bag but I picked up a free keychain from some game developers, a stack of books for giveaways, a cookie and drink and a slice of birthday cake.


*  Hubs and I found money!
Well he got to it faster but I snatched it from him "like a Kim". lolz


It was tucked under my bed at the motel. 8-)))))))))))))
We asked if anyone had reported missing money and no.  This is an awesome addition to my "found change" envelope.
Sweet.

That's about it around the "Sluggy Traveling Show" this week.


Any good deals or frugal wins in your life this past week?



Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. I wonder if the $10 was meant to be tip for the cleaners. Probably not if at a very low cost motel. I have gotten very discriminatory about swag at conferences. This week I'll be at a conference though and if there are any lanyards, I'll be nabbing them as daughter will need for assorted keys and things at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A $10 bill is great. I love the snatch to get it from hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Imagine that - looking for bedbugs (requirement for me anywhere I stay) & finding a $10 bill! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope some of that pretty nail polish will show up in a Sluggy giveaway! Teddie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spotted the $9 creamer as well as 8 oz of button mushrooms for $4.97 in Hawaii. Brought my own creamer and passed on the shrooms. I did spring for a pedicure with leg massage today. Best $40 I’ve ever spent after 8 days of nonstop walking!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice freebie at Weis!

    Ugh, it bugs me to have an audience when I'm doing something. Once when dd was little and sick as could be, I was trying to get her in the shopping cart at Walgreens when an old man stared at me the whole time. I was struggling and he was just staring. He needed to either help or just look away. LOL You can tell I'm still scared from it twenty years later. LOL

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic found money! I found a $50 in an elevator when I was checking out USC many many years ago. Very helpful as a poor college student.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the found coins bring you good luck and fortune.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.