Saturday, June 29, 2019

2019 Food & Toiletries Spending...........the June Edition


Onward to June's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for JUNE 2019.

I have posted June's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in June.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 5(3 at home this month). No "kids" under 23.
*****************

ALDI
OOP  $7.26
Value  $18.64
Savings  61.05%

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $15.17
Disc.  $42.12
Value  $57.29
Savings  73.52%

CVS
OOP  $0.00
Ads/Qs/ECBs  $28.88
Value  $28.88
Savings  100%

MAINES
OOP  $64.13
Value  $128.83
Savings  50.22%

MALACARI'S
OOP  $52.15
Value  $87.94
Savings  40.70%

MARDEN'S
OOP  $3.74
Value  $10.98
Savings  65.94%

OCEAN STATE JOB LOT
OOP  $51.84
Ads/Qs  $62.02
Value  $113.86
Savings  54.47%

OLLIE'S
OOP  $28.65
Value  $79.50
Savings  63.96%

RENY'S
OOP  $21.22
Value  $32.47
Savings   34.65%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC/Visa Prepaid Rewards  $161.65
Value  $161.65
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE MARKETS
OOP  $53.89
Qs/Ads $29.98
Value  $83.87
Savings  35.75%

WEIS
OOP  $37.49
Qs/Ads  $35.60
Value  $73.09
Savings  48.71%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, CVS at 100% and the Bread Outlet at 73.52%.  My worst savings rate was at Reny's with 34.65%.

I shopped at 12 different stores this past month.  

TOTAL Out of Pocket for June.........$335.54
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales.................$379.81
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.........$715.35
TOTAL Savings of ................................53.09%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for June w/R-A.............$335.54
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales w/R-A...................$541.46
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid....$877.00
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items.....................61.74%

This closes out the June food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
We spent well under the $400 mark but not as low as I had figured it would be.  All that grocery shopping on the vacation and Weis trash bag clearance kept my spending higher than planned but still well under my $400 mark.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 11.73% in June 2019 to 61.74% compared to the May 50.01% savings average.
I found quite a few clearance deals at various stores on stuff we can use.


With 6 months accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $2277.29 on food/toiletries in 2018.


2019 Yearly Total Spent To Date....................$2277.29
2019 Yearly Total Value of Items To Date....$8970.12
2019 Total Saved To Date...............................$7028.37
2019 Yearly Savings Total To Date of............78.35%

The average per month amount spent so far is $379.55 in 2019.

LOOKING AHEAD To July 2019.......

Let's see....Nothing planned for July other than staying home and working on home projects. Eldest son and GF may be coming to visit mid month so I am sure we'll either go out or splash out on food at home.  As for grocery shopping, I don't plan on doing a lot of that.  We'll continue to eat down the freezers.  I foresee some produce buying....a big sack of onions plus when green beans come into season and are inexpensive and fresh I'll be buying a few pounds of those to freeze.
$400 is the grocery budget for July.


If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in June?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. What's up, of course this paragraph is genuinely good and I have
    learned lot of things from it regarding blogging. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accidentally posted while making a correction. Something might look a little weird.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm TOTALLY up for tracking food expenses - I might even break it down into categories....we spend a LOT of money on beverages, and they aren't even alcoholic. This month we did AMAZING - I wanted to keep our budget below $300 (3 adults but ds does buy his own snacks, lunchmeat, etc.) and we came in under $250 so I am a very happy camper. Well, sort of...I say there is no food in the house but there is PLENTY of food in the house, we are just out of snack type foods so to me, there is no food in the house. I would like to see if I can keep the budget at less than $300 again this month but it will require some awesome deals on meat.

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, this weekend is pleasant for me, as this moment i am reading this wonderful educational post
    here at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In June we spent 174.93 on groceries, meals out, personal care and household. In six months we spent $868.55 on groceries and meals out of $2.45/person/day, $226.85 on personal care for two including hair cuts, and $57.21 on household.I
    Yes, I have tracked expenses for five plus years.
    I don't track % of savings.
    I keep things in line by only buying sale items or the minimum price I can find.
    I think things are going to get harder so I am interested in anything that might help.


    ReplyDelete
  6. whoah this blog is wonderful i love reading your articles.
    Keep up the great work! You understand, a lot of individuals are
    searching around for this info, you could aid them greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did
    you hire someone to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like
    to find out where u got this from. appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! After all I got a website from where I be able to actually obtain useful data concerning my study and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.