Friday, May 31, 2019

Frugal Friday............the May 31st Edition

Not much going on around here this week except lots of storms and rain.

Oh, and two days of tornado warnings...eek!

We didn't go much of anywhere(Rite-Aid, Ollie's, Weis, Red Robin and meet-ups with buyers)and spent the week cleaning and decluttering mostly but we still had a few wins........


* Hubs picked up the Friday Freebie last week at Weis(PMITA)Markets.....



a can of wet dog food.
Whoopee....but still something Chester might enjoy. ;-)

* I found money!

.06¢ at Rite-Aid when I went in to pick up an Rx.


And .03¢ at Ollie's by the bubble gum machines on my way out.

*  I sold more diapers this past week......


6 more packages last Friday............



And 4 more packages on Tuesday.
That makes $50 this past week, $30 the week before and $35 the week before that one so $115 in sales for May for things I got for free at Rite-Aid.

I don't put these sales toward the grocery spending for the year like my other "small economies" but put it aside to use at my discretion.
Woot!

* Hubs went on Monday and used my .30¢ worth of gas points and filled up his car.



*  I used some cheap canned peaches and pantry items I had to make a Peach Cobbler for Memorial Day dinner.............



*  Hubs and I hadn't been out to eat in awhile so we went to Red Robin when running errands on Thursday.


We got that tower of onion rings something we've never gotten there but have wanted to try.  It was yummy.
Thursdays in May at Red Robin have been Throwback Prices meaning select items on their menu were 1990's pricing.  The onion rings were part of the pricing so now you know why we finally got those. lolz

The onion rings were $3 off, the RR beer Hubs ordered was $3.99 off and the Bacon Cheeseburger I ordered was $3.99 off.  Of course Hubs had to be a jerk and order a burger that was regular price because I was paying. lolz

Here's what our bill came to before the Throwback Thursday discounts.  It was over $38 for 2 burgers, a beer and onion rings.......eek!


And here's what we paid.............


$10.98(plus the tax on that amount)less due to the sale so $27.43.
And I used a gift card bought last year or the year before(I can't remember which)to pay.

That's about it from here.


What frugal wins did y'all have this week?



Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. I love the way your kids and that man get to your pocket book, I think it is just to get a rise out of you. I think people are leaving you money.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of the onion rings is making my mouth water. Think they might be keto?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I like that tower of onion rings. Are they good onion rings or frozen? I like when they make them in house as they can be so good. .:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red Robin....yummmmm! One of my favorite places to eat!

    I saw on the news here in NY that you were getting tornado warnings! As a matter of fact, I saw one poor weatherman trying to warn people and it seems the station broke in on the Bachelor or Bachelorette show and people were complaining and demanding that he stop the weather report and put the show back on! To his credit he stood his ground and continued with the weather warnings.

    My hubby retired last year after 30+ years of a 60 mile daily round trip for work. He is shocked at how little gas we have to buy these days! Retirement ain't too shabby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found tank tops at Walmart for $4.97 for an upcoming vacation. Can’t stand more than 15 minutes in that place so luckily they fit! Slipped one over my dress to check in the middle of the store.

    The dressing rooms tend to smell like rotten fish during the summer months so I don’t go near them.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.