Monday, April 29, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "It's a Week Late" Edition....


Above is my plate from our Easter dinner(sans deviled eggs). I forgot to share this last Monday.....
We still have heaps of food from that meal leftover so it will figure largely into this week's menu.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday---Ham, Mac and Cheese, Green Beans, Deviled Eggs, Rolls, Apple Pie(Easter)
2. Monday-Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--French Onion Soup or Leftovers
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday---Ham, Mac and Cheese, Green Beans, Deviled Eggs, Rolls, Apple Pie(Easter)
2. Monday-Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Shrimp Stir-fry w/Noodles
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Steak, Tossed Salad, Baked Potatoes

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 4 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 0 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out.  
We were able to dig through the bulk of the leftovers from last week(and some from the week before) this past week.  After 3 nights in a row of leftovers though, "leftover fatigue" hit us(and most of the leftovers were gone except for the Easter dinner items)so I cooked 2 nights and we got another leftover night in between those 2 cooked meals.
I am calling this week a success in the using stuff up column. ;-)

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* 2 packs of corn dogs
* 2 small top round steaks
* 2 bags of shrimp stir-fry

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.....
* 1 bag of shrimp stir-fry

Two small trips to Weis and a trip to the Shurfine market and a small trip to Maines brought the food spending last week to $62.28 and my April total to $387.72.

My savings percentage last week was 45.25%(without Rite-Aid trips)and April's monthly savings total came to 54.06%(w/out R-A). 

I have 2 more food shopping/spending days in April but I am done grocery shopping for the month.

Leftovers going into this week.... potato salad, some barbecue, Cole slaw, ham, green beans, rolls, mac and cheese.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Homemade Pizza, Salad for those that wants it
2. Monday--Mac and Cheese w/Ham and BBQ), leftover Green Beans, leftover rolls
3. Tuesday--More Pizza, Salad
4. Wednesday--Chicken Fajitas, Rice, Beans
5. Thursday--Ham and Beans, leftover rolls
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Breakfast for Dinner(maybe)

This week will see 6 new meals cooked, 1 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.
We are going to be using up the Easter foods(ham, mac/cheese, green beans)and putting leftover bbq in the freezer. 
Monday....I'll dress up the leftover mac and cheese with more cheese sauce and add bbq and ham bits to it and serve leftover green beans and rolls.
Tuesday....I made a big ball of pizza dough(made 2 large pizzas which are gone already) but I had enough dough left for another large pizza which I'll put together on Tuesday.
Wednesday....I have some red bell peppers that need using thus the early Cinco de Mayo type chicken fajita meal plus chicken will be a welcomed change at that point in the week. lol
Thursday....I'll take the ham bone and some ham and soaked beans and make a pot of ham and beans.  Depending on what we are hungry for it will either be a thick pot of beans and ham(slightly sweetened)or a pot of non-sweet soup/stew...stay tuned.
Friday....can't tell this far out what leftovers will be left or if we'll just do a Fend For Yourself night.  There most probably will be Fajita fixings and ham left(ham sandwiches anyone?).
Saturday....Calls for a change-Breakfast for Dinner or ?

What needs buying for this menu? Nothing except mushrooms(as I put those in Fajitas, yes I am strange that way!lolz).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

5 comments:

  1. Ate some of the salmon I said we were going to.....other than that just leftovers and whatever was in the fridge. I dislike meal planning but do go thru the freezer regularly to make sure nothing is too old in there. Well done for eating off your menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always crack up when I see Mac and cheese as a holiday menu item. It is very popular in some parts of the country. I have never allowed mac and cheese to be cooked in my house. Okay, okay it is a rule from my old anorexia days.... It is hard to let go of those very strange rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really grateful to the owner of this site who has shared this great post at at this place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food prices keep on creeping up. Not many deals to be had. Whole mushrooms for .69 at Aldi and little mini cocktail sausages marked down to .99. I have a $5 off coupon for Aldi and forgot to use it, so I'm kicking myself. Probably run back tomorrow to use it on a pack of bscb and stock up on some staples.

    Nothing exciting meal wise this week. Lots of chicken and veggies. Need to kick the weight loss into high gear as the warm weather will be here soon. I think? Maybe? We had frost this morning :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to to thank you for this great read!!
    I certainly loved every bit of it. I have you book marked to
    check out new things you post…

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.