Friday, April 5, 2019

Frugal Friday......the April 5th Edition

Here's what passed for frugal around here this past week. It was a good week except that I found NO change last week.....Kim must have beat me to all the money laying on the ground. lolz
But here is what we did manage to do........

*  I picked up the Weis Friday Freebie last Friday.......


A box of pizza bagels for Ex-College Boy.

*  I brought home an array of freebies from our vacation............


The booty consisted of travel sized bottles of toiletries, bar soaps, pens and paper, plus tea and coffee, jams, hot cocoa and oatmeal packets.  I love the tiny Nutella packs. lolz

*  I also did some pantry shopping on vacation..........

Everything here was 75% off reg. Ollie's price(except for 1 of the bags of chocolate which was 50% off).  Most of it was snacks and junk.  I was especially excited to find a bottle of Mega Red supplement for 75% off or $1.74!

*  I used that Free Dog Food Coupon Purina sent me before it expired............

And got this..........


It wasn't free since it cost $1.99 more than the value of the coupon but a good deal at that price.  I could have gotten a smaller bag of this totally free but that size bag was on sale for only $7 which would have meant losing $3 in value on the Q. ;-)

*  Then on Saturday while he was out running errands Hubs went to Petco and got this for Chester......


I guess Petco is pushing their grain-free dog foods and automated shipping(to compete with Chewy)thus this freebie promotion.   We'll see if he likes it....Chester, not Hubs. ;-)

*  There was no Wellness Wednesday pillaging this past week as Rite-Aid didn't release their WWQ digitally(so there was no stacking the paper WWQs w/the digital WWQs *sad face*)but I did find a few things to bring home for better than free anyway..........


The Yes To! masks are on sale for 30% off this week so the $2.99 ones are $2.09 each(except I screwed up and bought 1 $3.99 mask ack!).  Plus there is a $2/2 RA L2CQ making two of them $2.18 + tax and you earn $3 Bonus Cash back for buying 2 so an easy moneymaker with the L2CQ.

The Neutrogena Hydro masks are between $2.99-$3.49 plus your Wellness discount(my store they are $3.49 so $2.79 after Gold discount).  Buy 2, pay between $4.78 and $5.58 + tax and earn $6 Bonus Cash for each pair you buy so another moneymaker.  I believe this Neutrogena(Buy2 items/Get $6 BC) is a monthly deal so you can do it 4 times this month.

*  I got a few deals at Weis(PMITA)Markets this past week.....


I had 2 x .75¢/1 for Ken's vinaigrette dressing which doubled to $1.50 each.  2 of the Ken's bottles had .50¢/1 peelie Qs that doubled to $1 each.  The dressing was on sale for $1.47 per bottle, so I paid $2.35 for all 5 after sale/Qs.
Then I submitted for an Ibotta rebate(.75¢ back, up to 5 bottles)and got $3.75 back so these were a $1.40 moneymaker.

The Walker's shortbread cookies were on clearance, reg. $3.99 marked down to $1.99 per box.  I had $1/1 Qs from inside boxes I previously got on clearance after Xmas(the Xmas shaped cookies)so I paid .99¢ per box for these.  Short of making my own shortbread, these are really good. 8-)


Weis also had pork loins and chops Buy 1/Get 2 Free last week.  The chops were $1 per lb. More than the loins so I bought 3 pork loins and paid $12.92.  I got 7.75 lbs.of pork so this all cost me $1.66 per lb.
Why pay $1 more per lb. buying the chops when I have a knife and can cut the loin hunks into chops myself? lol

*  I finally got my PandG $15 Mastercard rebate deal from last year..............


I was shocked it came after the last time I did one of these and they denied it!  Glad to have it since buying the items for it at Rite-Aid didn't cost me anything. lolz

*  And don't forget that Saturday and Sunday at Big Lots...........


It's another Friends and Family sale there.  20% off everything in the store.  Print off the coupon HERE.  You need a Rewards card on Saturday to get the discount, the coupon on Sunday.
Go through your pantry today and make your list.  My brother always hits this sale up for toilet paper restocking at his house. ;-)


That's it from Chez Sluggy this week.


What frugal wins did y'all have this week?


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Walkers shortbread cookies are my favorite. So good with a tea or coffee. Yum!

    My deals for the week: free Chick-fil-A Monday and a cheap-ish deal at Moe's yesterday. $5 loaded steak burrito plus free chips and salsa and a glass of water. Filled me up for the day and was such a nice treat :) Found Celeste pizzas for one (usually $1 or so) marked down to 32 cents. Got a free sample and Q for Persil laundry detergent. Used Q plus Ibotta to get bottle for 14 cents. Got a check in the mail for 9.xx from a class action suit i dont remember signing up for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing free here this week, but it was a good week. Sounds like yours was too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing exciting around here. I only go grocery shopping on Saturday so no money spent all week. I hate shopping and unnecessary driving so my motto is “ you get what you get at Kroger on Saturday and don’t throw a fit.”
    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheap and free treats for dogs and boys are winners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing free here, but I saved $6 at my favorite store using digital coupons. Been working on eating more clean to avoid stomach issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could certainly see your expertise within the work you write.
    The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to say how they believe.
    All the time follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply want to say your article is as astonishing.

    The clarity in your post is simply cool and i can assume you're an expert
    on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep
    updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.