Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Rite-Aid Pillaging on Vacation

Well seeing as we spent a good amount of time in "The Land of No Rite-Aids"while traveling on vacation I had to seize the opportunities for pillaging when I could.
The first week in NC on the way to Myrtle Beach all I saw was closed up Rite-Aids as Wags had brought these ones out. So sad........

In Myrtle Beach and Charleston there were a couple of R-As but we were too busy doing other things so I didn't hit them(and that week wasn't very good in terms of R-A sales anyway).
So the 3 days in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia when we were at my brother's house I hit some stores.
I also hit a store in West Point VA, on the way to my son's place.
Once in Fredericksburg, again, I saw this terrible sight...............


A closed up Rite-Aid.  *sniff*

Even with this sad state of affairs I was able to hit 6 Rite-Aids between March 20th and 22nd.

Here is what I was able to pick up altogether.........


*4 Cover Girls mascaras are missing from this photo however, as I gave them to my sister in-law and son's GF before getting all this home.

11 x CG mascaras
8 x R/S chocolate eggs
10 x Fig Newtons
3 x Oreo candy bars
2 x Revlon beauty tools
2 x Colgate toothpaste
1 x 3 pack Kleenex tissues

I spent $10.33 after sales, coupons and a $2.50 Catalina from buying L'Oreal shampoos 2 weeks ago. I used $10.33 in Bonus Cash on all this to pay.
I earned $4 in new Bonus Cash back(4 x $1 R/S), $7.50 in Checkout51 cash rebates(10 x .75¢ Fig Newtons)and $1 in Ibotta(.75¢ Kleenex and .25¢ any item)cash rebates.
$10.33 spent-$12.50 back=$2.17 moneymaker.

It would have been a bigger MM if I didn't have to pay stoopid sales tax on the food items and the toothpaste, but that's Virginia law.
Bleh.

And 1 cashier adjusted down the R-A in-ad $2 Cover GirlQ since the clearance mascaras were less than $2.  meh.  No overage on that transaction so I returned the 3rd and 4th toothpaste since I would have had to pay for it then and really!, who pays for toothpaste when shopping at Rite-Aid?!? lolz

I still got some goodies while I was away so I am happy with that.

Now I am all about reconnoitering prices/store stock for next Wednesday since it's already Wellness Wednesday again.
Yippee!!

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Do you have an update on Linda and her blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great. Several Rite Aids by me closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No more Rite Aids around here but there is now a Walgreens every 1/2 mile

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.