Friday, March 8, 2019

Frugal Friday......the March 8th Edition

Let's see what frugal stuff went on this past week at Chez Sluggy.............

*  Almost free cereal x 2.....

This is the second batch of cereal I got this week.  None of these rang up the wrong price so I paid $8.70 then got $5.25(.25¢ was a bonus for buying MOM in 2 trips)back on Ibotta so $3.45 for all 5 bags OOP.  The first batch of 5 bags cost me $3.06 due to 2 bags ringing up reg. price/incorrectly(the first batch also had 1 bag which was larger/cost more).

*  Found change at 2 Rite-Aids...........


A penny at two different Rite-Aids this past week.

* I got my Friday Freebie at Weis last Friday......

Of course it was almost Lent and there is a large population of Polish descent Catholics in my town so pierogi was a VERY popular freebie.  I do believe this was the freebie sometime during Lent last year too.  ;-)

*  Free samples at Rite-Aid............

 I found these Hydralyte samples with $1 off Qs at a Rite-Aid I went in.


These Ricola immunity drops were on the Wellness table at my Rite-Aid on Wednesday.

*  Wellness Wednesday Haul.......




The WW haul update-This last photo of the transaction on my son's card "cost" me $1.18 in Bonus Cash.  I earned back $6 in new BC($1 Russell Stover eggs, $3 wyb Max Ensure, $3 wyb2 Ziplocs).
Grand Total "spent" in BC/gift card on Wednesday for everything brought home-$28.61.
Grand Total "earned" in BC/Ibotta on Wednesday for everything-$44.25.  I grew my Bonus Cash by $16.54 on Wellness Wednesday.
8-)

*  Almost free grocery shop at Weis on Tuesday...........

After Qs and overage my OOP was .85¢.
Sweet. 8-)))

* Found change at Weis too.........


Another penny over by the CS desk.

Besides money I also found this last Saturday at Weis(PMITA)Markets.........

A Visa card.  It was half tucked under the magazine rack across from the last check-out register.  I turned it into the Customer Service Desk and no, I didn't buy a cart full of groceries with it first. lolz

*  A Free dog food coupon


This free bag of Purina dog food Q finally showed up in the mail.

* I received $14.60 since last Friday in Ibotta rebates.  I am up to a total of  $75.20 in Ibotta rebates for 2019 so far.

*  We almost had a frugal misstep this past week.  Hubs and I went to Bob Evan's for lunch on Tuesday.  I gave Hubs the $5 wyspend $25 Q to apply to the bill and he went to pay.
He takes his cc receipt and we start to go to the car.  Of course, he didn't actually LOOK at the receipt and the cashier hadn't applied the $5 off, but I, of course, caught it and hauled him back in.



It took the hostess/cashier, the manager(he was new)and a long time employee who we had to wait to come out of the ladies' room to fix it.  20 MINUTES later and they had cancelled the first c/c receipt and reran the charge through w/the $5 discount.
Seriously?  20 minutes and the lady waiting behind Hubs' to pay her bill was none too pleased either.
I guess I need to take care of "complicated" transactions like this from now on? lolz




What Frugaliciousness did you experience this past week?

Anything good??

Let us hear all about it!


Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. Do you do the surveys at Weis You get 100 points one a week for doing a simple survey. Love the way you find bargains and money.Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joyce I do In fact I did one just this morning. lolz

      Delete
  2. The free sample machine at Walmart hiccupped and gave me 3 packs of Quaker oatmeal instead of one. We have a loong running saying around here-if it's free, it's for me, I'll take three. So I got a giggle out of it too. got a much needed pair of Adidas sneakers for my daughter at 50% off. Found a quarter at the gas station.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deals as usual, Sluggy. I found a penny in the bathroom at school this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You trust your hubby a LOT more than I trust mine, lol. This is a man who didn't notice when I dyed my dark, dark, brown hair RED....no way is he being trusted with a $5 coupon :)

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLZ
      Mine wouldn't have noticed the hair color change either sad to say.
      What can I say about trusting him with a $5 Q....I like to live on the edge sometimes. ;-)

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.