Thursday, February 21, 2019

Random Stuff from Sluggy


*  A personal loan offer......again!



I am forever receiving stuff like this.  Personal loan offers to pay off my credit card debt.
Umm, don't these folks ever look at my credit report first?  If they did they'd know that I don't have credit card debt and haven't had any since the early 1990s. lolz
I use credit cards but responsibly.....and pay off the balance before the end of each billing cycle.
The interest rate on these loans range from 5.99% to 28.99%.  I could see if you have a c/c balance with a higher interest rate transferring your debt to this but that person ain't me! 8-))

*  Some more crap you can buy if you have more money than you can spend.............



A gold plated musical porcelain box that says, "My Granddaughter I Love You With All my Heart".
Actual size is 4"L x 3.5"W x 1.75"H.  Also adorned with 5 sparkling "jewels".
For the bargain price of $59.95 + $9.99 shipping plus sales tax for your state this can be yours.
Yeah.  This fine offering is from the ubiquitous Bradford Exchange.
I'd say a much better way to say I love you to your grand kids is to take that $59.99 + $9.99 and sales tax and buy them a Savings Bond or invest it into a 529 Plan so they can someday go to college.  There are much better ways to honor your progeny than wasting $$ on crappy trinkets.

*  I got a few goodies this week at Rite-Aid.  The Valentine's candy was 75% off.....

Lots of goodies to stick into giveaway boxes....woohoo!

*  Speaking of Valentine's Day, here are the flowers Daughter got from her Fiancé......

Sort of droppy at this point(Vday was almost a week ago)but pretty white and pink tulips.


*  I also found this 75% off at Ollie's"Good Stuff Cheap!" last week..........


An entire box of King Size Oreo bars for under $2.00.

*  Here's a photo I took of the Full Snow Moon the night we took Ex-College Boy out for his Birthday Dinner.......


Sort of foggy out that night and the photo didn't do it justice on my phone.

*  Here's what we got the next morning..........


More snow and sleet and then freezing rain. STill digging out today.  bleh.  It's suppose to get close to 50F later today and then mid 55'sF on Sunday.
Crazy Winter.


*  Also from our friends at the Bradford Exchange, a Playful Pup necklace........


A sterling silver-plated pendant, from your choice of 30 dog breeds, hand painted enamel puppy with movable legs and tail(actual size of dog is about 1/2 inch).  Also on the included 18" silver-plated chain is a silver plated heart charm engraved with "I Love My(name of breed)" along with a "genuine diamond".
For the low price of $79(payable in 4 installments of $19.75)plus $9.98 shipping and sales tax this can be yours! ;-)

Have I mentioned yet how much I DESPITE getting these leaflets urging me to buy crap like this anytime I buy ANYTHING online?!?!?

*  And lastly I found this photo of someone we all know and love...........



The person in question is pictured on the left in this very very very old photograph. *snort*


Oh, she is going to hate me for this......

Any guesses? ;-)



Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. I am so going to kill you, I wasn't quite ready for my my head shot MRS. DeMill?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing the photo is Kim who probably not only made the cheerleading outfits 15 minutes before photo time, but also swept and mopped the gym while baking fresh hot cookies for the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage's content
    everyday along with a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim. LOL...You have snow while we have tons of rain. I'n tired of it now, so it can go away. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.