Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Putting On My Traveling Shoes in March




March may be full of "Madness"(aka Basketball stuff)but for me it means traveling a bit.  I am leaving the screwy Pennsyltucky Winter Weather and heading South for a couple of weeks.

We will be stopping, in VA to see my brother, then on to Myrtle Beach SC for a few days, then we have 3 more days yet to book.  It is looking like Charleston SC or Savannah GA, not sure which yet.
Then 1 night up near Greensboro NC(after a lunch stop in Florence SC)before heading back to Chesapeake VA for a few more days.  Then it's home by way of Fredericksburg VA to see my son.
Myrtle Beach from 3/11 to 3/14, Charleston or Savannah from 3/14 to 3/17, Greensboro NC 3/17 to 3/18, Chesapeake VA from 3/18 to 3/21, and F'burg VA 3/21 to 3/23.

So any readers located along our route want to get together?  Shoot me an email(it's on the right side bar)and we'll see what we can do.  Mimi, that means you! ;-)

Anybody know any great(aka cheap)places to stay in either the Charleston SC or the Savannah GA areas?  Also any site seeing and good eats suggestions.

I'd also like to know if anyone knows of any discount stores in NC and SC we can hit.  Or any weird roadside attractions(besides South of the Border)y'all can recommend.




I am itching to hit the road and find some warmth!

Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time! We are stuck here until whenever, though we are planning to go to NYC in April. Pip is going with her parents and they have asked us to tag along (read: Keep Pip at night while Son1, DIL1, Son3 and DIL3 do the town

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend I grew up with (in Toronto) now lives in Savannah. I went to visit for a long weekend this year. What a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I come along for the ride? I am so sick of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're outside of Charleston- besides Ollie's and Dollar Tree, there isn't much in the way of discount stores here. There's a Tanger Outlet but it's always seemed super expensive to me. And don't bother with the GW outlet here, most likely you'll come out with stitches. :( Depending on what you like to eat, I can offer up great restaurant recommendations though - just let me know! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sluggy,

    Enjoy that warm weather and bring some back with you! Spring can't get here fast enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would have so much more fun if I was a stow away.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.