Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Adjusting My Rite-Aid Plan

Well we plan and God laughs, right?  And I have proved that old saying this week with my Rite-Aid trip.

Here is what I planned to get and how it "should" have gone.........

2 x Hershey Gold candy bars on sale=$1.00
2 x Irish Spring Body Wash on sale=$7.98
2 x Big Win 24 pack of H2O on sale=$5.00
2 x U Kotex tampons BOGO50%=$9.43
2 x Scott TP packs on sale=$13.98
2 x Cottonelle TP packs on sale=$13.98*
SubTotal......$51.37

* I wanted to get 2 x 6 packs of Kleenex but they were out so I got the Cottonelle.

Coupons Used
1 x $1/2 Hershey Gold candy bars L2CQ=$1.00
2 x $2/1 Irish Spring body wash In-AdQ=$4.00
2 x $1/1 Irish Spring body wash IPQ=$2.00
2 x $2/1 U-Kotex tampons ManuQ=$4.00
2 x $1/1 Scott TP ManuQ=$2.00
2 x $1/1 Cottonelle TP ManuQ=$2.00
Coupon Total.......$15.00

$51.37-$15.00=$36.37
$20 in Bonus Cash came off so we are at $16.37
I used a $5 Visa prepaid card to pay for the H2O so we are at $11.37 and my $10 Catalina came off so we are at $1.37 OOP put on a R-A gift card.
And I should have gotten another $20 Bonus Cash back because my total before Qs was over $50 of qualifying BC items and received a $5 Catalina for buying over $25 worth of Kimberly-Clark items.
But.......

I bought the wrong Cottonelle(the shelf was marked incorrectly and they were out of the Cottonelle packs on sale for $6.99 that were participating items for the BC deal. 8-(
So my order looked like this instead.........



2 x Hershey Gold candy bars on sale=$1.00
2 x Irish Spring Body Wash on sale=$7.98
2 x Big Win 24 pack of H2O on sale=$5.00 *not pictured*
2 x U Kotex tampons BOGO50%=$9.43
2 x Scott TP packs on sale=$13.98 *not pictured*
2 x Cottonelle TP packs 20% Wellness disc.=$19.66 *not pictured*
SubTotal......$57.05

Coupons Used
1 x $1/2 Hershey Gold candy bars L2CQ=$1.00
2 x $2/1 Irish Spring body wash In-AdQ=$4.00
2 x $1/1 Irish Spring body wash IPQ=$2.00
2 x $2/1 U-Kotex tampons ManuQ=$4.00
2 x $1/1 Scott TP ManuQ=$2.00
2 x $1/1 Cottonelle TP ManuQ=$2.00
Coupon Total.......$15.00

$57.05-$15.00=$42.05
$20 in Bonus Cash came off so we are at $22.05
I used a $5 Visa prepaid card to pay for the H2O so we are at $17.05 and my $10 Catalina came off so we are at $7.05 OOP with PPs.

I didn't get a $20 Bonus Cash back because my total before Qs was $37.39 of qualifying BC items but I did receive a $5 Catalina for buying over $25 worth of Kimberly-Clark items.



So I returned the 2 x Cottonelle packs, $7.05 of what I paid in PPs went back on my PPs and the balance, $12.61, I received back in cash.  Instead of turning around and spending this cash I got for the return, I'll spend more PPs and put this cash into my post coupon/cash rebate envelope for 2018.  (Between the lettuce I was overcharge for(so I got the full price back AND the lettuce)earlier this month and 2 instances where my $3 instantly discounted for buying 6 Mix and Match items didn't come off(so I got cash back both times), with this refund I'm already up to $20.20 to dump back into the grocery spending budget come December.)  ;-)

So now I have to spend another $12.61 in participating items to get my $20 Bonus Cash.

So I bopped downtown on Tuesday to the big Rite-Aid store to see if they had any of the qualifying Kleenex 6 packs...........


2 x Kleenex 6 packs on sale=$13.98
2 x Scott TP 12 packs on sale=$13.98
SubTotal.......$27.96

Coupons Used
2 x $1/1 Kleenex bundle pack ManuQ=$2.00
2 x $1/1 Scott 12 IPQ=$2.00
Coupon Total......$4.00

$27.96-$4=$23.96-$20 Bonus Cash(my second $20 BC from the diaper score early Jan.)=$3.96 OOP which I paid with Plenti Points.

I earned 1 x $20 Bonus Cash and another $5 Catalina for spending $25+ in one transaction on Kimberly-Clark products.


I now have $15.35 toward earning my second $20 Bonus Cash for this week.  I need to "spend" another $34.65 on participating items this week.

I am working on scenarios for what to get to reach that $34.65 goal.
If I buy 4 more tp packs and 2 Irish Spring body wash that gets me to $35.94-$8.60 in Qs=$27.34.  I'd use yesterday's earned $20 BC and pay $7.34 OOP in PPs plus I'd earn another $5 Catalina and $20 in new Bonus Cash, ending with $20 in Cats(which I can use on another account)and $20 BC carrying forward on this card.

Off to finish planning......

Sluggy

11 comments:

  1. I don't know how you keep track of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing with your Rite Aid deals, Sluggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great. My head is still spinning trying to follow all that YOU did. Good for you. Penny S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got a letter in the mail from Rite Aid saying that Walgreens will be taking over with 3 years. Have you heard anything about this in your area I live in Louisville. Ky. Not sure how this will work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wags bought a certain number of Rite-Aids so I guess your store is one of the ones that got bought. Mine isn't one of the stores. It doesn't surprise me that it will take 3 years for the buyout though. These sort of acquisitions take time.

      Delete
  5. I would love to see you as Chief Financial Officer of a corporation. My head reels reading all this. It is a good feeling, not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to use paper and pencil when I was into the couponing thing. I couldn’t keep track. If there was a glitch somewhere, I was all messed up! I don’t think you could return items and get points returned in those days. You need to give lessons!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I use paper and pen on these deals and bring paper/pen/calculator in my purse to the store in case I have to change up the deal on the fly. 8-)

      Delete
  7. And then there is Chez Sam, where if I manage to get an extra roll of TP into the bathroom before someone yells "there's no toilet paper" I consider it a well planned day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly that made my head swim, but boy am I ever impressed. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.