Wednesday, October 11, 2017

I'm Still Here, Just Hiding From October

I'm here but I've got nothing for anyone today.
Not much going on here.  We are just bopping along for the most part.

Hubs and I went grocery shopping.....well I went and he just tagged along and got in the way while in the store. lol  I tired to show him how I food shop.  Does the phrase, "In one ear and out the other" ring a bell?  ;-)

I'm not having a good week so far.  Was at the doctor's yesterday for an HS flare up. Ugh.  Painkillers and antibiotics and I am better today just not up to being productive.  I'll be napping as soon as I get this posted.
And the weather is still so muggy and today it is raining as well(which we need though).

I love Fall weather but the Fall of the year causes me sinus/allergy issues(I am allergic to trees)plus some seasonal depression too.  October has also always been a challenge health wise(remember last year I had a bad reaction to an ACE inhibitor when my face swelled up until I looked like the Elephant Man?and a few years before that I developed a blood clot in my ankle?....those both happened in October).  So I am always cautious about my health and not demanding much of myself  during October except for some walking or exercise each day.

At least there are new tv shows/episodes on again.  I've been binge watching all the "Call the Midwife" episodes too.  And I'm loving this new Jeopardy champion.  At least he has some personality not a weird geek like many of them are.  Well he IS a weird geek since he's a Jeopardy Champ.  lolz

I need to finish revamping the Blog Roll too.  I've removed a couple and added a couple.  If you have any suggestions for blogs I don't have on there that you enjoy, leave a comment or send me an email.  I think all the links there work now but we can always use more interesting blogs to check out.

I may be back on Friday with some new material other than rambling thoughts.  8-)

Sluggy

15 comments:

  1. I wonder if that was the same Jeopardy guy I was watching while I was at my mom's week before last? He was kind of a character. If he's still on, he's sure doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to win nail polish.
    Hope you feel better.

    merlinsfamily@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better today and even better tomorrow hopefully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Jeopardy. Exbf loves it so much he gets testy if I call him during it. Sometimes, he just does not answer the phone. Austin, current champion, is cute and has a great personality. Exbf gets testy if I interrupt football, too. So, he is testy a lot this time of the year!

    October is my health crisis month, too. Usually my problems are sinus related, so I have bronchitis, pneumonia, sinus infections, ear infections to fight off. So far, this October has been fairly healthy, but the month is not over yet. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep hubs as the cart pusher. I find it much easier to leave mine with the cart, retrieve items and dump in the cart.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not been able to shake an allergy indyced cough. Rough time. I'll hold good thoughts to get you to November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate food shopping. When hubby comes along, it helps a little, but he likes to go off and explore the fancy stuff that we can't afford. I hope Oct passes by quickly for you. Seasonal allergies are bad in the south too. Everyone seems to be sniffling. I think it's that dang goldenrod.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care of yourself, Denise. Hope you soon are better

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems October is a health sapper both mentally and physically for a lot of us. I too have leaf mold allergies. Always exhausted. DH since I have known him gets moody in October. I hope everyone is doing better come November. Keep the ramblings coming Sluggy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2nd entry! Cool and rainy here in New Jersey. Until now, we have had a hot October.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMS,
      I need to put this comment on the giveaway post as it doesn't count here. Plus you need to provide an email address so I can contact you if you win.
      thanks

      Delete
  11. My blog posts are fewer and far between these days, life just seems busy or I don't have much to say either. I've been walking the dog, working (busy busy right now), walking on the treadmill and hanging out with Mom and friends. Anything to keep my mood up as I am facing a wee bit of depression right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sure hope you feel better soon. We will be here when you get back if you just want to take some time off and rest.

    I had to laugh at " in one ear and out the other" which applies to most men I know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sluggy,
    Thanks for the heads-up. I entered in the giveaway. Post today.
    SMS

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.