Friday, October 27, 2017

Frugal Friday....October 27th Edition

Not much to report this week that was frugal, other than the usual stuff we do/don't do around here.

* I got this at Rite-Aid.......


6 x Yoohoo drink box 3 packs on sale but Wellness discount was more(.80¢)=$4.80 + .30¢ tax=$5.10

I paid with Plenti Points and earned $4 in new PPs back.($2 wyb 3 packs x 2)  Evidently these are part of a Drink and Cookies PP Deal.
I'll let Daughter and College Boy fight over 'em. lolz

After Plenti Points used these came out to .06¢ a box.  They would be frugal for your kid's lunch box if you let them drink this sort of thing.

I also picked up these as I heard they double dipped on a weekly and a monthly Deal, but sadly they didn't........


2 x Brookside dark chocolate covered fruit flavor candies on sale=2/$7.00

I paid with Plenti Points and earned back $2 in new PPs.  If the double dip had worked I'd also have earned a different $2 PP offer so these would have cost me $3 total in PPs but instead they cost me $5 for both.
I am conflicted about whether to return these of keep them.  I would rather like to try the merlot grape/black currant flavor ones.  I've had the pomegranate ones before and they are good.

Would anyone like to see one of these chocolate bags in a Giveaway?  LMK.

*  I took a trip to the Bread Outlet this week and picked up 3 loaves of bread and 1 pack of English muffins.  Total OOP of $4.75.  Cost at the grocery store would have been around $16.

*  One trip to Weis(PMITA)Markets as well this week where I found some discounted sticker meats....


2 x Nitrite-free hot dogs reg. $4 a pack, on sale for $3.50, and after $2 off sticker were $1.50 per pack.
1 x pack of stew beef(1.35 lb.)after discount sticker was $2.44
1 x top round steak(1.15 lb.)after discount sticker was $3.59
I also picked up 2 marinated pork loins(1.38 lb. each)on BOGOFree sale was $8.20 for both.  I had a $2 any fresh pork Q so $6.20 OOP for both pork loins.

I also picked up some cleaners as they were part of the Buy 6/Get $3 Off Deal and they were on sale AND I had coupons that doubled.


3 x toilet cleaner $1.49-.50¢Q=.99¢ each
2 x kitchen cleaner $2.99-$1Q=$1.99 each
1 x bathroom cleaner $2.99=$1Q=$1.99
Total $8.94-$3 for buying 6=$6.94+.41¢tax=$7.35 or $1.22 per item.

*  I went to the Shursave market and picked up a free head of lettuce after loading a digital coupon to my loyalty card.  While there I also bought $3 worth of cornbread mix and finished qualifying for a $10 off Reward for spending $30 on Baking Needs like sugar, flour, oil, baking mixes.....

This is good for anything in the store(except I think milk and lottery tickets).  I'll probably save it for anything I need to pick up at the last minute for Thanksgiving.

* And Hubs had a frugal fail this week.  We were out on Tuesday and he wanted to pick up some chewy rawhide sticks for Chester as he is a teething puppy.
So he comes out of the pet store with these.......



A 40 pack of sticks. 
Note the price.......

$11.65
Ack!

That's .29¢ a stick
So when I went to Weis the following day I saw this marked 50% off.....


Granted these aren't solid rawhide but the pressed bits ones so they won't last as long but at $1.34 they are only .06¢ per piece.
And if I can get to a larger Rite-Aid, they carry a pack of the solid rawhide sticks for $1 and with my Wellness discount they are .80¢ per pack for me.

Anybody have any frugal wins this week?

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. I only spent $25 on groceries this week and haven't done a "proper" shopping trip since the 14th. Lots of items getting used up. Funny how 2 weeks ago nobody wanted to eat the older things in the pantry and freezer but now, with slimmer pickings, the kids are polishing off stuff left and right! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose my frugal wins would be spending about $5 on groceries this week. However, tomorrow I must buy milk and bananas, at least, tomorrow. I like the fact there were salads at both meals. Then, I ate two salads that were free to me. Not going to the grocery has helped a lot. I have been digging around, trying what to cook when exbf comes this week. I found corn I cut off the cob and froze. Plus, there is butternut squash I bought for something else. Next week may be a slim week at the grocery store while I eat some of this stuff. THEN, I can buy 80 lbs of sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, I have $15 left and the gas tank is not full, but I have enough gas to last until the first of November. I am usually beyond broke this time of the month. I have not even counted change in my purse!

      Delete
  3. Our neighborhood grocery store had chicken wings for .99 per pound so I stocked up. When did they become the most expensive chicken part? Downside is I hate to cut them up so I cook them whole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a huge whole chicken marked down to just over $6 (it was marked down to $0.67 a pound). Also got a pork roast marked down to $3. And I found Ben a stormtrooper 12 inch action figure marked down to $5 (usually is $15) at our Kroger store. Bought it for one of his Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I buy dental sticks for my three dogs. They love them and they do a good job of cleaning their teeth. I try to find them at Burlington Coat Factory for $6+ for 20 of them. At Amazon they're $9+.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful of rawhide chews. They're cheap to buy but can lodge in the dog's intestines resulting in a distinctly not cheap vet bill. A one-time investment in a long-lasting chew toy or just tossing pup a raw (never cooked--also dangerous) bone for outside may be a better choice in the long term.

    I'm always amazed at the deals you find. And even more impressed by your stick-to-it attitude. Way to go!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.