Sunday, October 29, 2017

Food & Toiletries Spending 2017.....October Edition

* I am done food shopping for October so am posting this a couple days early.*

Onward to October's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for OCTOBER 2017.

I have posted October's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in October.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 3-4(3 at home this month). No kids under 21.

*****************
ALDI
OOP  $28.95
Value  $51.93
Savings  44.25%

BIG LOTS
OOP  $55.58
Value  $89.41
Savings  37.84%

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $7.75
Value  $28.83
Savings  73.12%

MAINES
OOP  $14.70
Value  $40.18
Savings  63.41%

OLLIE'S
OOP  $22.68
Value  $32.66
Savings  30.56%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/PPs  $380.63
Value  $380.63
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE MARKET
OOP  $101.06
Qs/Ads  $50.16
Value  $151.22
Savings  33.17%

WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $212.96
Qs/Ads  $222.73
Value  $435.69
Savings  50.12%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, the Bread Outlet at 73.12% and Maines at 63.41%.  My WORST savings rate was at Ollie's at 30.56%.

I shopped at 8 different stores this past month.  

TOTAL Out of Pocket..........$443.68
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$386.24
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$829.92
TOTAL Savings of ..................................46.64%
Total Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid....$1210.55
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items..........63.35%

This closes out the October food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I went into October wanting to spend $400 on food/toiletries but went over by $43.68.  Over by less than $50 so not bad. Lots of meat deals and the Holiday food deals heated up last month and I took full advantage of them. ;-)

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 9.79% in October to 63.35% compared to September's 53.56% savings average.  Anything over a 40% savings rate works for me. ;-)

With 10 months accounted for, I have spent a Grand Total of $3572.01 on food/toiletries in 2017 which is a 67.57% savings rate for the year to-date and averages out to $357.20 spent per month so far in 2017.

LOOKING AHEAD To November........
Not much needs buying in terms of Thanksgiving items.  The turkey will be free with grocery store points, I've got some of the veggies already and cranberry and 1 container of pie mix in the freezer.  I make the rolls and gravy from scratch and have purchased what I need to make those already.  I don't know what loss leaders will crop up but I'll be ready to acquire those cheaply.
Unless things go awry I should be able to stay under $300 on food spending in November.


If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in October?
*  Do you track your yearly food spending?
*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?
*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I did pretty good for October. For a single person, just over a $125. However, I need to get into the habit of coupons again and shopping the sales. I definitely know where the best gas prices are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I spent about $75 with about $25 on food. Since I want to try to get several turkey breasts, I need to add nothing else to the freezer and eat what is in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you keep track of your spending? Spread sheet or just keep receipts and calculator. We are gonna start doing this in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, I have a spiral bound notebook and a calculator. I keep my receipts in the back of the notebook and just list them each month and tally the total up.
      If you can put all your store charges on a credit card(which you pay off each month)you can just refer to your monthly statement to see what your spending is if the notebook(or a spread sheet)is too much trouble.
      I highly recommend tracking your spending so you can see where the $ is going and then decide if you need to make changes.
      Good luck!

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.