Friday, September 29, 2017

Frugal Friday.........the September 29th Edition

Let's see what frugal things happened around Chez Sluggy last week..............

*  I turned this........
Into this.........

 As the 'poo was free or a moneymaker after Plenti Points/sale/Qs that $9 was all profit.  8-)

*  I received a liquor rebate.......


$5 back for drinking.  Getting rebates on liquor is really hit or miss in PA thanks to the draconian laws surrounding alcohol so I was glad to actually get this one.

*  We got the deck cleaned and sealed before the cold weather set in..............


"Before" shot of it after cleaned, bleached and sanded.  I forgot to get a "real Before" shot with the mold and grossness on the wood.
Yes we could have hired someone else to do this but Hubs has nothing but time on his hands(and two good knees)so we kept our money in our pockets.
The sealant was purchased using free Lowe's gift card earned from c/c points and the few sundry items he needed(like sandpaper)were purchased at the local hardware store for $14 and change.

The "After" shot.



Luckily we had 4 days of unseasonably warm(highs near 90F)so it dried the wood out quickly and then the sealant too.
The dog now has her backyard back(She's had to do her "business" out on the front lawn while this project was in progress.).

*  I already shared my few grocery deals.........


Loving my 3 boxes of decaf tea bags for .97¢ after the $3 Catalina that printed out! ;-)

*  And not frugal yet but I got this flyer while out yesterday..........


Big Lots is having their Friends & Family Sale this weekend.  It is the last one of the year as they don't do this around the Holidays.
You need to be a Buzz Club member(have their loyalty card)to avail yourself of the 20% off on Saturday and use the flyer on Sunday(don't have to be a member of the Buzz Club on Sunday).  Usually Big Lots will advertise/have a coupon in the Sunday sale in the Sunday newspaper locally too.
I know my brother likes to buy all his paper goods for a few months at a time at these 20% off sales.  Big Lots prices on those items are generally good plus another 20% off makes it even better.  I have been known to pick up pantry staples and usually slippers during one of these sales so Hubs and I will head over sometime this weekend to see what's worth stocking up on.

Have a great weekend and stay frugal my friends......



Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Deck looks great, did he moan and grown and do one board a day? If not please trade me husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on Big Lots!
    As usual you are a shopping wizard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savings and shopping! yes, keeping myself frugal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a pair of slippers, the kind I can slip my feet into for a hospital visit. I don't want cloth for there. I will check Big Lots. It is so hard for me to shop there without an electric cart!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.