Friday, September 1, 2017

Frugal Friday......the September 1st Edition

Welcome to September everyone!
A new month and the end of Summer(though technically there are 21 more days until the Autumnal Equinox).
I feel like August dragged on forever, don't you?  We've only been home from our road trip since August 15th but it seems like August was 60 days long to me. lolz
Enough of this chit chat, let's get on to what we're here for-the Frugal wins of the week.

* I picked up a box of Puffs tissue and got paid .20¢(after tax)to bring it home.


*  We did a whole lot of staying home last week.  We did some cleaning and small home projects and read mostly.  The laundry was done during the off-peak hours so we saved on electricity costs too.  Staying home=not spending money!

*  I signed up for e-coupons at my local Shursave market(they don't take IPQs there, just insert or emailed "glossy" Qs).  They had 2 items that were free after e-Qs last week but when I went to get them Saturday the items were out of stock so I got rain checks.  This week they had 2 items(1 free and 1 for .99¢ after e-Q)so I clipped those Qs and picked up the items plus the 2 rain check items, paying .99¢ for all this........


*  We got Subway one night for dinner last week.  I combined a Q(Any price 3 subs for $17)and a gift card to buy them.  Using the Q meant less money used from my gift card.

*  While at the Shursave market I also bought this.....

6 packages of Crystal Farms cheese(sliced and bar).  It was on sale for $1.88 a 7-8 oz. package this week.  Anything under $2 for 8 oz. is my "buy price" so it was a good deal on sale.
But what made this better was that I had 3 x $1/2 Crystal Farms products ManuQs(which Shursave would take).  You'll remember the free coupon inserts I got at the motel in Fargo ND I mentioned 2 FFs ago?

These are were the Qs came from and I got them for free too. 8-)))
So $1.38 per package of cheese after sale AND Qs was even nicer.

*  I earned enough in hotel points on the road trip to get two $50 gift cards for free.  They arrived last week........


$50 for Lowe's and $50 for Amazon.  A few more nights in motels this year and I'll have enough points for another $50 gift card.

That's about it for us last week.
What frugal things happened in your world?

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. We must have been living in an alternate universe because August whizzed by us! I am hoping September will be kinder and slower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a great frugal week Sluggy. Very nice deal on the gift cards

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.