Monday, August 28, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "Yikes!  Who'd Eat That?!?" Edition--

Hubs and I took a rare trip to Aldi on Friday while we were out, where I spied this lovely product for sale.  Now you can have the taste delights of State Fairs in the comfort of your home.  I may try one of these at a fair but a pack of 7 for my home for $5?  No thanks.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Chicken Marsala, Noodles, Salad
2. Monday--Marinated Steak, Mac and Cheese, Veggie of some kind
3. Tuesday--Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Cole Slaw
4. Wednesday--Take-Out Pizza
5. Thursday--Chicken Salad Sandwiches
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--BLT Sandwiches

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Chicken Marsala, Noodles, Salad
2. Monday--Marinated Steak, Mac and Cheese, Spinach Souffle
3. Tuesday--Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Cole Slaw
4. Wednesday--Take-Out Pizza
5. Thursday--Leftovers(I had a pbj sandwich-not feeling it)
6. Friday--Beef Brats w/Chili, Corn on Cob
7. Saturday--Baked Flounder, Stir-Fried Green Beans, leftover Mac and Cheese(Daughter cooked)

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 1 nights of leftovers and 1 nights of Eating-Out.  Mostly the menu was served as planned(we had BLTs for a lunch instead of dinner and Daughter cooked). 

I made 2 trips to Weis Markets and a trip each to the Shursave Market, Aldi's and Dollar Tree.  $81.20 was spent in total last week, bringing food spending in August to $295.64 for the month.
There are 3 days left in this month so I am sure I'll make my under $420 goal for August now. 8-)

My savings percentages last week and for the month to-date?   Last week's percentage is 54.42% and the monthly so far stands at 50.76%(without Rite-Aid trips added in-which will make the rate rise a bit).

Leftovers going into this week........1 helping of Chicken Marsala, Noodles, Pulled Pork, a bit of Cole Slaw, a few slices of Pizza.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Chicken Pot Pie(Daughter cooking)
2. Monday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself
3. Tuesday--Leftovers or ?
4. Wednesday--Steak, Corn on Cob, Salad
5. Thursday--Breakfast for Dinner
6. Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

This week will see 3-? new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers and ? night of Take-Out/Eating-Out.

I am just not into meal planning right now.  We'll use up what is here or fend for ourselves or have BLTs for a few nights and then I'll dig around in the chest freezer and see what needs to be used.  I suppose if I force Hubs to "cook" one night we'll have something Pasta this week. That's a given if he has to cook. lolz

What I need to buy for this menu? No clue again.  I stocked up on some frozen veggies(Brussels sprouts and sugar snap peas-things you rarely get fresh in season around here)and a couple bags of ravioli. I've got steaks in the freezer I will use one night and buy some corn on the cob for that meal.  We are getting low on bread and Daughter has started back to school so I'll probably get bread this week too.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I made a meatloaf last night. Exbf will have that for dinner and take home the four other portions I froze for him to take home. Today, I will cook potatoes for him in the oven with onions and olive oil. There will be some other vegetable when I look in the refrigerator. Oh, must cook okra.

    I thought you had lost your mind--buying frozen twinkies. However, that might improve the taste of the new Twinkies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never had one of these, probably never will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly enough my cousin and her husband stayed with us this past weekend and he was telling us of a dessert he had the night before he got here: Fried Twinkie Sundae". He said when he saw it he had to try and see if it was as disgusting as it sounded. According to him it was. God bless Alabama desserts!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.